1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photography thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Mar 28, 2020.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Oh! That was Canada customs, entirely different!

I take it back!... :D

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Some photos from the Barber Vintage Festival in 2011.

IMGP2428a.jpg

IMGP2445a.jpg

IMGP2446a.jpg

IMGP2413a.jpg

IMGP2415a.jpg

IMGP2416a.jpg

IMGP2447a.jpg

I think this last one really showed the limits of the lens I used.
    Air 6.JPG

3. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yep, everyone seemed to be different. I one tell me she loved my Suomy helmet, I wore my roadrace helmet, purple with flowers. Coming back into Canada near Beaver Creek my buddy pulls up and immediately starts getting crap for pulling up before the light turned green. I had pulled away so he rolled up. Well my buddy is kind of a smart ass and the guard starts telling him he could be arrested. My buddy says Ok, but is it alright if I, pointing to me taking pictures, of him getting cuffed? Third guy pulls up as the second pulls away, there's no one else within miles. So he starts giving the third guy a hard time, didn't you see the light, no I didn't, window was open so I pulled up. Did you have something else to do? :) Next stop was Haines and the guys went all in for us.
    When I took my wife a couple years ago she wanted her passport stamped, gal at beaver creek area stamped it, got to the station outside Haines and he told her no, it wasn't allowed.

4. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

If anyone's interested, Nikon has a number of online digital photography classes available on-demand. They just announced they're going to make 10 of their most popular classes available for free, to keep people occupied during all of this. LINK

5. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

Nice work Robin:bow::bow:

6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

That's a pet that got out. Should've checked the tags on its' collar and took it home.

Newsshooter and Newyork like this.
  7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Pure guesswork on the speed/aperture setting. I was using a 200mm lens I bought in the 70's that I've used on numerous film SLR's. It's obviously manual focus but I just set it on the largest aperture and then set the speed and aperture on the camera.

David-imoddavid likes this.
  8. David-imoddavid

Strange how our ability to reason gets muted in order to 'get the shot'' sometimes. Here's the most stupid shot I have taken. About 3 miles deep in the woods.
    5631.jpg snake exif.jpg

9. Montoya

Not at the level of you all, but these are some of the photos I've enjoyed taking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  10. David-imoddavid

That's some good work Montoya! The head of the first snake looks a little strange. I didn't see what you saw. What is it?
    Also what is the second snake? I recognize it's venomous but not sure of type

11. Montoya

It's a vine snake, can't recall the specific type, their fangs are in the back of their mouth. Had a trail guide pick it up and actually got struck in the hand, not long after that picture, he did have to head to a hospital. Second snake is an eyelash pit viper, was right at the edge of a hiking trail. All of those pictures are from the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica.

David-imoddavid likes this.
  12. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Great shots.

13. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

A few with the drone:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Reminds me of a road near Donner Lake.

15. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Mexico

IMG_1252.JPG

IMG_1178.JPG
    Prague (quality sucks but love the architecture)

IMG_4354.JPG

South Africa

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_3719.JPG

IMG_0662.JPG

Right around Greenland

IMG_8835.JPG
    Puerto Rico (south side)

IMG_0725.JPG

Maryland

IMG_8757.JPG

Guess. . .:D

IMG_7783.JPG

Man, this thread is making me really take a second look at being lazy and only taking my phone with me where I go. . .GREAT SHOTS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!:beer:

16. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Had a big moray I was trying to get photos of swim between my camera and my BC, just let him do his thing and he swam back into the coral head.

17. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

Circa 2016 with my Samsung Phone

[​IMG]

18. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Still can't believe they didn't have proper means of detecting a fire in there. So they say it's going to take 5 years to rebuild it, and that's using modern technology. That it took roughly 80 years to build most of the original structure, that's not bad using hand tools.

j cal likes this.
  19. BC

BC Well-Known Member

IMG_20191103_074005702_resize_56.jpg IMG_20200322_071213713_resize_13.jpg IMG_20200322_115057761_resize_77.jpg IMG_20200101_134442517_resize_59.jpg IMG_20200101_134442517_resize_59.jpg

j cal likes this.
  20. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Me and Bubba checking crab traps

Somebody had a bad night on the river.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.