1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phone Spoofing

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Jan 22, 2019.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Accurized.

Chris likes this.
  2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Sounds like a lot of work.....I just tap the 'block number'.

I've been getting non stop calls from the same damn company 'Credit Services" or some BS.....I just keep adding them to my block list. Sooner or later some law office will start a class action lawsuit against one of these mofo's and I'll gladly sign it.....just cuz I hate the calls more than lawyers.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Sue them. I just settled with a company over nuisance calls where they kept leaving messages on my phone.
    It cost them $3500 ($2500 of which goes to the lawyer).
    It's a small victory but a sweet one.

R1M370, Ducti89 and Banditracer like this.
  4. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

It's not legal. From the FCC website:
    In 2017 one of the largest "busts" of this nature in history occurred:

Didn't help things any. My phone # still gets hit several times a day. One day I was trying to take a picture with my phone and a call interrupted, which took over the screen and I couldn't snap the picture. I "declined" the call, started to frame the picture again and got called back again before I could snap. This ended up happening probably a dozen or more times, with this asshole computer program calling back faster than I could decline. It was insane.

That is the day I installed Vlad Lee's Call Blocker app and set it to block anyone who isn't in my contact list. YMMV but this worked like a charm for me. My phone quieted right down.

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I get the prerecorded robo calls and the calls when you answer it and there's nobody there 2-3 times a day in the shop. Trouble is I have to run and answer every one because it's a business. :mad:

Motofun352 and jrsamples like this.
  6. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I get calls all the time from Rachel, she sounds pretty hot. I keep getting approved for a $250,000 loan that I never asked for.
    See you guys at the track, I will be the guy ridding the V4R sipping MR12 and throwing visor in the garbage.

MachineR1 and badmoon692008 like this.
  7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

It was Tyler Durden!

jrsamples likes this.
  8. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

My pops blows a whistle right into the phone. Funny as shit

9. WERA#190

WERA#190 Well-Known Member

F8F2FEE2-9B43-41DA-8C22-7FF8718436C9.jpeg Rafa nice one I would start with this 1st.
    Then go with the Ducati!!

10. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Seems like a strange pick-up line to me, but whatever works for you. Maybe 'Toe can give this a whirl!

11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Some Indian spammer who was trying to relieve me of credit card debt told me to "put the card in your mom's pussy" when he found out the expiration on my Diner's Club card was October of 2069.

He hung up before I could tell him he was allowed share his weekly rice ration with a UNICEF worker who's AIDS status was questionable.
    :( :( :(

12. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Freeze your credit report at all 3 bureaus and don't give your phone number to any 3rd party that's not a bank or a drs office. Remove your phone number from Facebook and any other social media you might have it published on. Any online order you place just put a fake phone number. They'll contact via email. You should also block any app on your phone from accessing your contacts/address book.

13. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

I tried to sell insurance to a guy calling me about roof inspections “in my area”.

After about 7-8 minutes of stupid insurance babble, he told me “sir, you don’t have to be sarcastic about this” and I cut him off and said “not having insurance is no joke Sir!” He hung up at that point.

14. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Has anyone gotten spam texts? I got a text just today that simply said, "You call?" It was from a number that's in my area code and exchange, which strangely enough is how I can be sure it's not anyone I know. I happen to have a number from an area code/exchange I've never lived in. Every time my phone has rung with a number that's that close to my number it's a spoof.

I wonder if they're trying to hook you with a text to wonder who it is and get their mitts into you. F'n losers.

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Lately I've been getting robo calls telling me my computer security is going to expire, I need to call them NOW.

16. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I think just about everyone has gotten that call, or the one about illegal Social Security activity.

17. awalk9905

awalk9905 Well-Known Member

I just realized that I'm able to send all unknown numbers directly to voicemail, and it's wonderful. 95% of the unknowns that call are spam, the other 5% leave a message and I call them back. It does make some exceptions to the rule if I've called or texted the unknown.

18. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I never answer calls from unknown or suspicious numbers, but how do you send them directly to voice mail?

19. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

If you're on iPhone there's a setting for it under Settings>Phone>Silence Unknown Callers

awalk9905 likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Today I was bored so I answered some of the "local" calls. I just read off Iron Sheik twitter quotes until they hung up.

"If you're happy and you know it go f@ck yourself" was the one that got pop out of Slumdog Carpet cleaning caller.