1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Performance tip of the day

Discussion in 'General' started by jeremy dunn, Nov 23, 2014.

1. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

:D

Attached Files:

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

redefinition of white wall tires :crackup:

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Happy Birthday :crackup:

4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Wrong, n00b. Idtio is the official Beeb spelling.
    :p

5. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Geesh, some real gems here for sure.....zipties as sprocket studs?

The tire / spray on rubber was a good one, and reminded me of a first hand one.....from the WERA Paddock.

An avon race tire had been sliced thru the chords (chords obviously cut thru), probably a 6-8" long slice running roughly diametrically....someone picked it out of the trash, glued the slice with "Shoe Goo", then proceeded to race it.....BUT, it gets better....

He then proceeded to brag about the repair.:rolleyes:

I cant make this up.

6. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

It is pretty amazing what some people will do to their shit.

7. Johnny B

Thanks for the memory jog. It was Shoe Goo, not the spray on shit that was used on the front tire.

8. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

My friend took his bike on the track with over 40psi in his tires after having a shop mount take offs on loose rims. I was shocked when he checked them after his first session. He was pretty pissed at the shop for doing it, but I feel like they left them that high so he could set his own pressures.

It's easier to blame everyone else I guess.

9. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

Tech inspection on a trackday over the summer.
    A guy hand a bald ass rear tire and the front wasn't much better.
    I told him where the tire vender was and get a new rear mounted up.
    He was trying to tell me that bald ass rear was better than a slick.

Yeah right, go tell that to the Dunlop man

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  10. :moon:

11. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Someone should have told me that!! I could have saved a shit ton of money this year :(

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And then there's this old one...

[​IMG]

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Leave it to an FZR guy.:eek:....;)

14. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

We were in Illinois racing and developed a crack in the side of the block on the midget. It wasn't a huge one, but it was leaking some coolant. So between races (It was a Friday, Saturday show) we took JB weld and fiberglass cloth and repaired the block. It got us through the races until we could get back home to Texas and have the block welded. Sometimes JB weld is a godsend.

15. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

That's not that bad, there's some engineering into that catch pan...I wish I had a picture of my brother's friend with the $.99 aluminium turkey pan tied up to his CBR1000F

16. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

While not a performance upgrade, merely restoration

I belong to the GSR, a world wide forum dedicated to air cooled Suzukis. It's probably the best DIY site you'll ever find

I had a British chap insisting that the best way to clean old gunked up carbs is to soak them in Coca-Cola.

When I asked how sugar water could possibly cut thru years of clogged up petro products, he insisted that a member of the GB Suzuki club had told him this was the way to go! Then, got all huffy and left when other members chimed in, especially the resident Brits.

(Note: GB doesn't have the freedom we have to kill ourselves with noxious chemicals, so they can't get Berrymans, or other carb dips)

And, of course, hacking off those heavy mufflers adds 10-15 HP right there, cause drag racers do it.

17. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Have you seen how well Coke cleans a toilet? I absolutely believe it would clean a carb in a pinch.

18. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

It takes blood off pavement pretty damn well too.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

and i thought paint off cars too

20. Johnny B

[​IMG]