1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC3 08 cbr600rr problem

Discussion in 'Tech' started by DaddyPhatSaks, Nov 21, 2010.

1. DaddyPhatSaks

DaddyPhatSaks Well-Known Member

Hi all. Hooked up a used pc3 on my 08 600rr that I got off a wrecked bike. Looks fine, no scratches or not beat up. Updated firmware to 2.3.2, loaded map for my exhaust, two bros slip on. Went for a ride, everything feels good except when I let off the gas at 5k rpm and up, the rpm will stay there for a couple seconds, then drop a little then so on. Hard to explain but its like if im cutting the throttle on and off on and off. Once rpm gets under 5k, its fine, slows down like it should. When if I pull the clutch in, rpms go down like normal. So I came home, put bike on rear stand, hooked pc up, started bike. Ran it in gear with pc3 software up, the computer shows my throttle is shutting off yet, still runs like im staying on the gas. Loaded a 4 different slip on exhaust maps and the same thing happens. Loaded all zero map, which I assume should be like not running the pc3 at all, correct? Same thing. Is this normal for pc3? I can see where this might be useful on the track for keeping rpms up when shifting but other than that, its a little scary. No engine braking at all! Am i missing something?

2. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

Check the connector where you plugged it in the throttle position. Should be able to check it without taking to much off. To make 100% sure I would pull the tank/airbox so you can get a good look at it, might be able to make sure just through the frame spar. I've had problems with that 2x on the same bike fwiw

3. DaddyPhatSaks

Ill double check but I know i plugged it in good. What problems have you had/solutions? Unplug, re plug? Make sure contacts are clean, etc??

4. marshmallow

marshmallow Designated Roody-Poo

did you hook it up to the correct injectors?

5. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

The wiring for the injectors is pretty straightforward. I believe it's wired in order, not all 4 shooting from a common point. Twice I've had the piggyback come out like it's falling backwards? Wouldn't think anything of it except it was the same point... twice? Maybe it comes out when I installed the airbox and fought with it? IDK, just a suggestion. That's the only problem I've had with the pc3. If that is properly secured then I would check the cables next. Maybe the return is incorrectly adjusted? Just throwin ideas out there. If the problem persist theres a way to use the bike to troubleshoot itself. I think it's referred to as DTC? or something. The service manual will walk you through it, you just jump a brown connector next to the battery and it will blink codes at you if it exist. This is way down the line though, I would start with the simplest stuff first. You added a pc3, now you have this problem, start at the pc3. If that connector (TPS) is properly plugged in, I've never had a problem with throttle position reading.

Sorry to be long winded... and kind of redundant. Good luck!

6. DaddyPhatSaks

Sounds like that could be it, going to go mess with it now. Yes, I believe the correct injectors are plugged in, but ill double check it all. Thanks for the suggestions. Ill let you know the outcome.

7. marshmallow

marshmallow Designated Roody-Poo

Also try recalibrating the throttle in the PC3 software. The PC3 should be hooked up with the lower injectors.

8. DaddyPhatSaks

Yeah, hooked to lower injectors. Ill try the calibrating.

9. RightSideUp

RightSideUp Well-Known Member

+1 calibrate the throttle in the software and also check your vacuum lines if that doesnt solve the problem.

10. DaddyPhatSaks

I think calibrating did the job. I did notice before when idle the throttle position read 4 on the software and the second light was lit up on the pc3. Reset now its 0 and the first light is lit up. Tested in gear on the rear stand and throttle seems to be acting normal now. True test tomorrow when I can ride. First time messing with a pc3 so still learning. Thanks a lot guys, big help!