1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Part time jobs

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Oct 18, 2018.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I heard that chicks don’t dig rush though so riTchie wouldn’t be at a Rush concert to begin with :beer:

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

We talking about metal not Broome.

Unfortunately Broome woukd do it for free

Sabre699 likes this.
  3. fastedyamaha

Look into youth and high school sports officiating...pays cash and you can work as little or as much as you want.

4. fastedyamaha

He’d be like oh you’re only walking three dogs at the same time? I’ve got ten so I win :crackup:

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I hated that place. I was under their Gahdamn thumb for 23 years. Hated every second of it. But, it paid, we lived comfortably, and the ol lady got to stay home and raise kids.
    Went in one day back in july. Got introduced to my new supervisor. Some pimply faced 23 year old intern from Germany.
    I marched straight to the office, stomped up to my old supervisor, told him to put me in for a week of vacation, and told him to print my retirement papers. Then I clocked out and haven't been back.

Sabre699 and BigBird like this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

germans ruin everything

rd400racer and noles19 like this.
  7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Except potato salad. That shit rocks, they got that down. :)

Yzasserina, ChemGuy and Phl218 like this.
  8. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Having done the UPS package handling gig many moons ago, I can tell you it's no job for anyone over 30, especially in a UPS hub.

If you could get on as a package car loader, you might have a chance of surviving the holiday season, which goes from mid-November to Christmas Eve.

9. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

i dont buy it.. but pimply faced 23yos is pretty convincing.

start a private bz with your favorite trade skills MH or at least with the ones you have the tools to DIY with.

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Just my .02 from having to pull two jobs many moons ago...

First off, what BSA said about UPS is spot on. I'm a contractor for them and see what they do and it's damn hard. And the sports reffing is great but you need certification etc.

Your a handy guy...do handyman work for people. That way you can set your own hours and best of all your own pay. Don't get stuck into an hourly rate...that's for chumps. Paint, hang a door, install some drywall...you can name your price for that shit right now. And it's under the table so no tax.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yeah...just like the rich and famous.

rd400racer likes this.
  12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

This. Word of mouth will build up and eventually provide you with more work than you can say yes to. It's simply amazing the amount of people out there who can't change a light fixture, replace a doorknob, or any other simple homeowner tasks.

Get to know a couple of the major local tradesmen and they will refer some work to you that is "beneath" them but will still be some meat on the bone for a "handyman". I used to work with 2 guys that now do that as a semi retirement.

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

yeah, i have those interns in my dept. (they work FOR me) and they are annoying sometimes. but i don't see a reason why Richie wouldn't own them.

as a german working with too many germans here, heck, sometimes i wonder why i even moved here...

Plenty of opportunities here in Greenville for anything handyman.

14. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

all corporations are a PITA, I pulled a MH a long time ago. Im not a number and havnt acted for one since.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I am with others here about doing some home renovations.
    -It pays well
    -Set your own hours, or how busy you want to be
    -Don't have to work with a boss or a bunch of morons

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Ain't no way I'd want to deal with that shit. Aside from the parents who think they know all the rules (but don't), it's also the coaches who always think the other side should get penalties, fouls, etc, but, their team is perfect (they aren't). I love when they shout from the stands 'cmon ref, he's holding him'. Uh...a) who is 'he' and who is 'him' b) there's holding on every play c) what the f$ck do you want me to do? Go back and look at the replay and if I see a hold throw a flag? EAD and DIAF.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  17. fastedyamaha

It depends on the sport. For example, ice hockey is ridiculous with all the crying and bitching. I just ignore it until a coach or kid crosses the line and then they get ejected. I also do softball and I rarely hear a peep out of coaches and the girls. Parents can be idiots but they get ejected and don’t get to return for the rest of the weekend if it’s summer ball and if it’s high school season they can be restricted to the parking lot so they’re no where near the field.

18. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

US Post Office seasonal work They are hiring for the Christmas rush.

Metalhead likes this.
  19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Worked in management for over a decade in a huge hub. I still have nightmares! :D
    Things have sure changed... when I first started there in the late 80s, you busted your ass
    to make $9/hr AND you had to be actively enrolled in some kind of secondary education.
    If you passed a sorter test...it was good for a $2 hr bump and less physical labor.
    They used to have the luxury of "turning & burning" personnel. Meaning if you didnt give 150%
    you were going home or getting canned. If you wanted a sorter or other coveted job... you worked your
    ass off to be considered to get it. When Yard driver jobs were posted... hourlies would try to sabotage each other for those spots. Started at $18/hr with a guaranteed 30+ every week if you had the minimum seniority.
    Now they are desperate the hire bodies right off the street to drive package cars. And the new guys dont even know how shitty they got it since they are loading & unloading their own trucks! And the Feeders or Heavy truck guys are still making bank.

I guy I work now and with @ UPS just finally quit the place after 20yrs + of being a part timer. He stayed for the medical and tuition reimbursement.

20. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The Sprinter Vans are typically Amazon or Amazon Contracted Van Lines. Personal cars are are people like my wife and actual Amazon hub workers that want OT.We have so much Amazon activity here it's crazy. Now with XMAS coming up and winter weather it will be really busy.