1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Part time jobs

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Is driving for Uber a decent way to make $200 a week? I don't know anything about it. I thought about pizza delivery. Also, I have an app in at UPS for seasonsl packege handling. Waiting on them.
    I'm 55 and half ass retired. Eveythings paid for. I owe nothing. Buying another house. Just need utilities/grocery/gas money right now. I'll find another full-time job later.
    Thoughts? Uber? Pizza? What?

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Canadian weed.

Beresh21 likes this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So your yacht sank?

4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

The thought of you as an Uber driver is great. Do it.

Pizza driver isn't as glamorous as the movies make it out to be. You're not allowed to cut holes in them, and every delivery isn't to sorority house.

BigBird likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I thought you were doing something for some boat company? As for Uber, every dope with a shitbox is doing that.

6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

We have talked to many of the drivers and for them, they make most of their money in the late night hours taking people home from the bars. When the races are on or there are big events like the 500 or Brickyard, they can clear 2K in a couple days but that's pretty much it.

I've actually started looking at hiring part time for manufacturing. Retirees and folks like yourself will work 3 days per week and love the extra income.

Metalhead likes this.
  7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I put it on hold. I can go back whenever. Had to come back and sit with my mom while she died. And then the baby mama drama with kids started up. Now the smaller child wants to stay with me. So, I bought a house near her school. Yay me. Lol.

I'll go back one day. Imma do my duty first.

deepsxepa and BigBird like this.
  8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Awesome for you. You'll get some hard working dedicated folks that way. The UPS job I mentioned is 4am to 9am, mon-fri. Pys like $15 an hour or some shit. Had benefits too.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Those UPS gigs are freakin' sweet but you will work your freakin' ass off. There are worse places to get a "retirement job" than with them if you catch on.

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Man Whore.

I've been to SC & NC.

You have enough teeth, you'll do ok

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I need to find another Part time Gig..... I have all nights and weekends open... I gave up the Tournament Poker Director gig a few Months back when I quit drinking. Money was nice but I was shit hammered 5 nights a week... Been 3 Months with no Alcohol I feel great but I need to make some Tire Money too....

BigBird, Metalhead and DaveB like this.
  12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Are you even halfway handy? Seek out a high end Design/Build/Remodel company, and ask if they can use you.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Where you living? Back home or down at the beach?

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Yeah. Worked in all the trades. This'll be my 9th house in 25 years. I live in them, fix them up, and flip em.

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Back in SC for now.

16. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

You can put some cash in your account being and Uber driver but you don't actually make that much. People don't usually take into account gas, wear and tear on the vehicle, and I believe they still 1099 you so you end up paying taxes on it later. So it appears like people are making good money but they really aren't.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Start a band, man.

TLR67 likes this.
  18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Working on it. Been wanting to jam again.

ChuckS likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Any way to pick up some time at the old gig?

20. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how Uber works as far as tax benefits etc... For me, living in a very rural area, Uber is non-existent.

Several years ago I realized I could use a part time job to pay for my racing and track days etc. I started a small business doing fabrication and welding work. Still have it and it brings in an extra $10K/year (some years more) plus you get the tax bennies. Personally I'd go that route. If you have a skilled trade - electrician, plumbing, carpentry, welding, concrete, wrenching on vehicles etc, etc... you can pick up a lot of work on the weekends. Probably better than Uber.