1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paradox of Prayer

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by chameleon68, Apr 14, 2004.

1. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

And I think that the Keebler Elves, when not cranking out cookies, are the ones responsible for the creation of the universe.

My theory and the theories of "creation" advanced by most religions have the same amount of data to back them up.

At least I admit that my theory is 100% bullshit.

2. chameleon68

chameleon68 Anti-whatever

Hmmmm...this started out as a thread that was supposed to go in the direction of "the problem of evil". Instead, it's going towards "the problem with creation". Interesting how some people's minds work, isn't it :) Oh well, let's sit back and see how things go

3. WERA 54

WERA 54 Member

I agree with with what you just said. Tony said at the Barber service I should thank you, so Thank You!

Bill Smith
    F.O.W.R. #54

4. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Uh, OK, if you say so.

Care to elaborate as to exactly why you should thank me?

5. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

To the original question:

Just as a person raised without a father has a difficult time with "Father God", we in this country have a tough time with "The Kingdom of Heaven". We don't know really what living under a king is, and the last time it wasn't a good experience.

I've noticed many people addressing issues concerning God as though he had set up a democracy, and we get to take a pole as to what is right.

God will do do his own will as King. He cares for us both idividually and corporately as Father (the hebrew says abba, or 'daddy' actually). The big difference is that both positions, subject and son (or daughter) are voluntary. God made the covenant, not us. It's not a contract - He won't break his end regardless.

If you are neither subject nor son, it's all Does Not Apply to you, and in addition, just like I can't know what it's like to walk in your shoes, you won't know what it's really like to know my Father, or my King until you get to know Him. Then you'll understand. Until then the debate is without resolve.