1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Papa Helicoptered after crash today

Discussion in 'General' started by grady anderson, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My MotoGP stuff was decent. You let the monkey pick your riders. :D

2. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

yes...yes I did. I think he is in good position on my back.....

Hey Bob....still riding? Or have you retired with Papa and me?

3. RPatch

RPatch Well-Known Member

I guess this is a thread jack of sorts now. I've still got the TLR, but I don't plan to ride it anymore. I'm putting together a Triton for AHRMA races with the intention of going to 1 or 2 races a year. I needed a kindler, gentler class if I'm only going to wobble around the track a couple of times a year.

I took up Lindy Hop year before last. I go dancing 3 or 4 nights a week and travel to exchanges. It's my racing replacement (and I get to play with gurlz).

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

4. gixxerfever

gixxerfever Well-Known Member

Papa i never met you before but you are a great inspiration... i was thinking, is there a way we can help papa get back on the track? karting? anything?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, but thanks anyway.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Geez, I saw this thread and couldn't figure out how you had managed to crash again (or with what).

7. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

So last night I go over to VTRDarren's house to work on the new trailer. He's sitting in his living room in his briefs (it was about 93 with 90% humidity last night) (not a pretty sight, btw) and he says to me: "Hey! Did you hear what happened to Papa Thiam??!!!" And I'm like "Umm, Darren, he got hurt like three years ago. Duh!"

Well, I thought it was funny.:D

8. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

Still thinking good thoughts for you, Papa. :up:

9. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

It is funny, in a sick way. :)

I'll never forget June 9, 2002 because I crashed that same day at spent the next five weeks in hospital. Reading this thread after I got home was upsetting and put things into perspective for me.

10. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Papa,

Never met you except here on the bbs.
    I've never had the nads to ask anyone what happened but knew the basics. Since my involvement here on the bbs you have been in my thoughts daily. I just wish I had the opportunity to meet you in person.

Thank you for your post that dug this thread out again.

Roger Preston

11. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Heal up quick PT!!!!

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

People, focus: the thread is 3 years old. No miracle is gonna happen.

But thanks anyway. :)

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Pope Papa IV the Vindictive!!!!

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

but what if we send Dr. Lever over to take his best shot? i hear he CAN work miracles with J-B Weld.

:D

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:D :D :D
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh man, I owe you at least a case of Yuengling for that!!!

Brilliant!!!! :bow:

17. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

Put he'll have to use safetywire to hold it in place until it dries!:beer:

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

:D

19. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

I gotta thank Papa for a couple nights ago...

See, JLG made some special treats for him, and they didn't work out too well, so she made more! Thus, I got to eat the WHOLE batch of rejects!

You know that picture of the little fat kid with chocolate all over his face, hands, and white t-shirt... yeah, that was me.

Thanks Papa!!

20. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Reading this was scary, difficult, and humbling.. but ultimately uplifting. At several points I wanted to cry along with everyone, and I nearly started praying before I realized it was more than ten years old. It should be required reading for all of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.