1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paint Schemes, How do you do yours?

Discussion in 'General' started by Revenant.Eagle, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Revenant.Eagle

Revenant.Eagle What turn was it?

I'm starting to figure out what type of paint scheme I want to do on the bike, and started off by vectorizing the basic outline of the bike, but its also hard to get perspective of curved surfaces.

I came up with this:

[​IMG]

How do you figure out your paint schemes? Any pre-made templates out there?

2. Too much thinking involved for my brain currently being used to absorb alcohol after a long week at work.

Good luck, sir.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

4. Game

Game zip tie master

Rolf
    :beer::beer:

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Kris

Just send us the bodywork:D

M

6. Revenant.Eagle

Believe me... I've been pondering it. Its the lack of serious funds for painting thats stopping me. Primer will work for now... besides, it doesn't have pavement magnets installed ;)

7. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

When I painted mine I just started taping things off. It's not fancy but it works for me.

8. tk ftfw

tk ftfw PanartMedia

imagination

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I hand mine to a guy named Lee Adams over at Import Rebuilders and tell him to make them pretty.

This is what I get back.

[​IMG]

10. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

mount the bodywork and just look at the lines. i would have my colors picked out and i just see how the bikes lines run to see what i am going to do with it.

11. Geoff Doyer

Geoff Doyer Well-Known Member

12. Revenant.Eagle

Ehhhh I'm not really into the patterns they have. I've accumulated a ton of images of bikes I like, I just wanted to see if there was an easier way of laying out the colors...

13. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

When we're working on designs at the shop for people who really want to kick around ideas and come out with something special, we prefer to start off with photoshop instead of vector art on illustrator. The advantage with photoshop is that you can draw the bike out and add shadows, highlights, and refference lines on the bottom layer, then decrease the opacity of the colors on the top layer to show the curves and a realistic image of exactly how the bike will look when complete.

Here are just a few random examples of photoshop concepts I worked on with a guy at my shop before we did these paint jobs

Attached Files:

14. Roosell

Roosell It's just as I suspected

15. Chip

Chip Registered

Photoshop....

16. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I did mine the easy way. Split it right down the middle (ok, not perfect but good enough) and did half and half.

17. onepointone

onepointone Well-Known Member

On my old 600, I knew I wanted a white tail for some reason, the rest fell into place.

[​IMG]

18. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

photoshop.

19. orgsxrracer

orgsxrracer Well-Known Member

Here was my scheme in 2006! A little different for the suzuki!

[​IMG]

Here is another we did, following bodylines!

[​IMG]

Good luck!

20. truckstop

truckstop Well-Known Member

Yeah, photoshop. Just having the outlines of the bodywork doesn't show at all how it all looks and flows complete on the bike.