1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paging Pitlizard

Discussion in 'General' started by CorollaDude, Aug 2, 2002.

1. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Lisa or anybnody who would know,
    I'm on deadline here, not meaning to rush you or anything. But I need to know some bio on Papa. Like fer instance...what degrees and from what colleges did Papa get his degrees? Was it an MBA in Finance from Wharton? And his undergraduate, too, please.

Hey, you know that thing I said about not meaning to rush you...well I lied! :D :p

BTW, tell Papa for me that he sucks cause he hasn't posted lately...we needed his metaphysical insight on Brad's new leathers. :D

Thanks in advance!
    Bruce

2. Thiam Family

Thiam Family New Member

Hello,
    This is the first time I try this, and your leniency shall be appreciated.
    Although conventional wisdom says a question asked to Lisa should be answered by Lisa, I am giving the following information because I understand it is needed fast :
    Papa holds a Bachelor's degree in management from Wharton and an MBA (major was finance) from Columbia U.
    Is it useful to mention that he also holds a commercial pilot certificate ?
    I hope I did not break any rule.
    D. Thiam

3. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

A great big wondeful welcome to you :D
    There are no rules here, so do not worry about breaking them.
    Tell Papa and Liz I miss Hammie so I hope they take good care of her.
    [​IMG]

4. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Thank you so very much, Mr. Thiam. Of course you didn't! This is very useful for a story I'm working on about Papa for next week's edition of The Breeze. I will use the photo of Miguel and the "Get Well, Papa" sign, as well as one of my favorite photos of Papa. Earlier tonight, Gary Christopher, head of Honda Racing, identified the people in the photo and we talked in detail about Papa. He even called Miguel to get the correct spelling of Miguel's girlfriend's name who was in the photo. Everybody sends Papa their best wishes. :)

The Breeze, with an eight-page section on road racing, will be widely distributed next weekend during the AMA weekend at VIR and I will personally make sure Miguel gets a copy. But tell Papa, I'm not getting any autographs for him. :D He'll have to get his own Miguel Duhamel autograph next year when he can come down to the race and stay at my cabin for the weekend. BTW, if Papa is wondering how I got hooked up with Gary Christopher, it was through John Ulrich. I e-mailed him to ask him how to spell the girlfriend's name and less than 10 minutes later, Mr. Christopher called me from California, after JU gave him my number and explained what was going on. :cool:

Oh, and also tell Papa, that the top Honda racing brass still loves him, even if he did switch to Suzuki. ;) Mr. Christopher expressed great concern for Papa and wanted me to pass on his best wishes. That whole Honda group is about as genuine and caring for a fellow racer as I could have ever imagined.

Please be assured that one of the most treasured friendships in my life is the one I have with your son. He is without a doubt a "one-of-a-kind" and I know I'm speaking for far more people that just me and Nancy, Sami and Cameron, but we are all richer for knowing him.

Thank you again and my deepest prayers are with you and your whole family,
    Bruce Wilkins

Last edited: Aug 2, 2002
  5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

hello papa's papa. welcome. and boy i miss your son!!! brad wilson :)

6. Thiam Family

Thiam Family New Member

Hello Bruce, Brad and Eric,

I wish I could write a specific note to each and everyone of you. Since I don't know how to do that, I simply hope you'll understand.
    My wife and I value the friendship you have shown to our son. Thank you so much. Be assured of our gratitude.
    I am wrirting you from home, in Africa. I am therefore in no position to pass any message to Ababacar (yes it is simpler to call him "Papa", but we've been using the longer version for almost 31 years...).
    Please keep our son in your prayers, and may the Almighty bless you all.

D. Thiam

7. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

I'm sure we all pray for your son daily.

On another note, who's got their new address?

8. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Thanks Due, I need that address, too for the article. I have left a box in lay-out for a place of addresses to send cards and letters and donations to, so I also need the address of the TSR Fund and the Airfence Fund. I can search I guess...I'll have time by midnight! But if anybody's got e'm, please post. :)

9. neverbeenonabik

neverbeenonabik Well-Known Member

Mr. Thiam,
    Ababacar, you, and your family are in our daily prayers and constanly in our thoughts. I hope you are all doing okay.

Laurence.

10. Pitlizard

Pitlizard Well-Known Member

Sorry guys - I was in Ohio throwing a birthday party for my 8 yr old son, Damien. I was entertaining 10- 8 yr olds and then I let 3 of them spend the night since it'll be the last time my son can do that in Ohio.

Bruce I assume you have the address and everything, especially since you've probably turned everything in, but... e-mail me if you need anything else.

11. cincykid

cincykid Well-Known Member

Lisa

Just wanted to make sure you got all of your furniture from Steve C. Take care and I hope all is well.

12. JLG

JLG Well-Known Member

TSR Injury Fund

Hi Bruce,

Here is the address for TSR

45485 Baggett Terrace
    Sterling, VA 20166

Thanks,
    Jennilynne

13. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Re: Lisa

I got it back as far as Sterling. I get it to Arlington later this week. :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2002