1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

paging emily dober

Discussion in 'General' started by novice52, Apr 27, 2004.

1. novice52

novice52 there, but not really

2. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

you got too close to Ceasar in the BMP pits? :D

hope both of you heal fast

3. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

:( I hate to hear that - sounds like the dodgy shoulder got hit again.

Mend fast emily. And I hope the bike made it out better than you.:)

4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:( Emily, you OK? Feel better fast!!

5. lovemyr6

lovemyr6 Well-Known Member

well, it might be a while

yeah, Kith, you caught me. i felt bad for Caesar and wrecked so he wouldn't be alone. :p

thanks for the concern. i'm fine except for my shoulder blade (scapula?). same left side of course. it's fractured all over kind of like a spiderweb in multiple places but still together and not displaced. i was fine driving back from jennings but i couldn't call you guys from Tampa back because i couldn't find my phone after i got home.

i don't want to say until i take the front end apart to confirm my suspicions but i believe there was a catastrophic failure there. there were some things happening at barber (first time out with the new front end) that were strange (all in the front left side- maybe even contributing to my shoulder coming out there- i don't know) and then it was getting progressively worse during the track days at jennings. i mark ALL my settings with a marker and, w/o too much detail, after each riding session a particular setting on the left side was changed everytime. Lee Fields saw it too and i made a call to the appropriate professional about it but he didn't think it was going to lead to a massive failure (or possibly be hiding a more severe problem) especially only running 24's (Thank you Borg for letting me borrow your lap timer) and i wan't pushing the bike either..

not sure what's going to happen now but i can tell you i'm frustruated. thanks again for your concern. i'm out of money and don't finance so it might be a while before i'm racing again. lots of damage to the bike- broken frame, subframe, back wheel, sprocket :Puke:

6. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

Glad to hear you are ok. Take it easy for a while and heal 100% and then come back stronger. :beer:

7. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

hate to hear that Emily. Definately heal up 100%, then come back out and kick my ass some more! ;)

8. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Emily, sorry to hear of your terrible misfortune again. You just can't catch a break can you? :(
    Hope you heal quickly. Contact me if I can do anything for you.

Jeff

9. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

what a suck-up:D

10. kamisama12

kamisama12 Well-Known Member

heal up fast and invest in a good luck charm

[​IMG]
    this is mine and it has worked for me so far

Last edited: Apr 27, 2004
  11. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

is that before or after the lil 125 flicked you off like a bug? :Poke:

12. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Thanks Emily... I was feeling a bit lonely. I hope you are feeling better. I have broken my scapula twice and can attest that it is quite painful. The pictorial of me "jetskiing" through the water was taken not long after I broke it the first time. When I was putting my hands up, I was signalling to my crew that I was OK; I didn't rebreak anything.

As I am to understand, it was actually something mechanically wrong with the bike that led to you lowsiding, something in the forks. I have an idea as to what happened and why. I would like to look at it for you, if that is OK.

13. kamisama12

kamisama12 Well-Known Member

after

as posted on the other site this is the history between me and jennings

History between me and jennings
    * busted expansion chamber on the 1993 model
    ---bought the 95 model---
    * WERA race bike flickers on and off once on the back straight ( stator problems i think ) and then the clutch lever rotated to under the clip-on
    * bike wouldn't start for the life of it
    * bike started took 1 lap seized the motor and high sided
    * CCS/USGPRU taken out in the qualifying ( i also lost the lower engine mount rod and when i got taken out the upper engine mount rod sheared the head off )
    * successfully completed a trackday there with the horse shoe on

Last edited: Apr 27, 2004
  14. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Re: well, it might be a while

Sounds like it's time to <loveyour2004R6>. :) Heal fast Emily, and God bless.

15. jnhrtmn

jnhrtmn Oxymoron (ems racer).

Emily,
    I'm sorry to hear that your bummed about you bike. Really glad you're ok, though.
    Welding and used parts do wonders for a bank account.

16. WERA82

WERA82 Infidel, phone ringing...

Fork issue

There was definitely something going on with the forks. The preload cap was marked and when she came back in, the cap marks no longer lined up. It was moving like an 1/8 to 1/4 turn. I have never seen that happen. On Saturday I followed her around and she looked fine running on the track and she didn't say anything felt wrong. I told her to watch it and check it each session to ensure it didn't get worse. I would be interested in finding out what you guys find in case I hear of it happening again.

Sorry for the bad forturne Emily. I hate to see it for ya. Get well soon.

17. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Re: Fork issue

We had a persistent problem with that on our '99 R6 endurance bike. Traxxion was able to fix the problem each time but it always came back. I'm not sure what permanent fix is available.

18. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

BITE ME KITH!!!! :Poke:

:p

19. IYFphoto

IYFphoto Ripper of fish lips

That really sucks...heal up Emily...you'll be back out eventually. WERA will still be there when you are ready.

:)

20. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

hahahaha:D