1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orlando Sanford to Daytona Beach ground transportation?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steady T, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Flying in 3/8 for the 200.

The last two years, I've had friends who were already in town who were able to get me to/from the airport. This year, I'm rollin' Han Solo. Google tells me there are shuttle/taxi options, but I figured someone here might have some first hand tips/suggestions.

I don't really want to fuck w/a rental car as I will be picking up a scooter as soon as I get to Daytona Beach. Thanks.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

There is a train station in Sanford may get you there.

3. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

theres a shuttle van service I used a couple of times but for the life of me,I cant remember the companies name

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Join a gay biker club and see if anyone will run you nuts to butts for a little “special consideration”. :D

5. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

That's plan B.

pickled egg likes this.
  6. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Was it Groome (not Broome) Transportation?

7. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

I know a few people that have used DOTS which is Groome transport . They were ok with it. You might have to grab a cab in town to get exactly to your scooter rental, not sure how they work the drop off locations.

8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it doesn't go to Daytona. The furthest north it goes is Debary which is just across Lake Monroe.

Steeltoe likes this.
  9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

10. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

The airport website says there is an airport shuttle to Daytona Beach for $36 one way with pickup at bottom of escalator by baggage carousel. Doesn't say how frequently it runs so you may want to call the airport.

11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I used DOTS way back in 1990 when my Daytona flight got cancelled and I landed in Orlando instead. They charged me an extra $3 to drop me at DAB so I could pick up my rental car.

12. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Thanks for the replies.

Pickled Egg's gay biker buddies weren't returning my calls, so I booked a Groome shuttle.

pickled egg likes this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Well shit, I didn’t know you needed ME to reach out to them. Figured you wanted to choose your own! ;) :crackup:

14. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Reach out/reach around...same diff.

I was just going to use you as a reference.

pickled egg likes this.