1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oregon gun owners

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by noeyes, Jul 11, 2017.

1. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I see a visit to the Supremes on this one. It seems like Oregon is inclined to give up liberty fairly easily.

3. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

No way it'll hold up when challenged. Like one of the comments say, just another black eye for the democrats.

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Looks like third party hearsay complaints are about to be filed on all the senators that voted for it as well as the gov.

noeyes, sharkattack and Banditracer like this.
  5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

So much for the ole "Who's looking to confiscate guns or repeal the 2A" BS SPEAK we've been getting from Democrats for how long now??? LOL!

R Acree likes this.
  6. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'm torn on this one. I'm tempted to say, "let them do it as a warning to everyone else". It'll be a massive failure as a social experiment.

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I'm sure the state of Cook County..err...Illinois will be ramping up to "prevent suicides" in a similar manner now that they've saved social services and public education.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Can't they already do this? I remember a guy on that Doomsday Preppers show getting all his guns taken away not long after his episode aired because he was off his rocker.

9. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Selective enforcement will take care of that.

10. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan, but I think the article said "family members of anyone who lives with " the suspected individual. So not just anyone can file the petition...

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

My issues with this type of proposed legislation is not where it starts but the foothold it allows for governments to adjust and change "for the greater good" later on.

Let me clear, I feel the same across the board, not just regarding my 2A right. Censorship is another good example, it's not where it starts, it's where it stops (or doesn't stop).

12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I read somewhere in the article that the LEOs could also file a petition. It not just someone related.

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Bingo, and the slope gets slippery...

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The NRA, or some other entity, will file a motion to stay the law until it goes before a Federal Court and, as someone else stated, it will end up before the Supreme Court where it will be found to be unconstitutional. At that time the Oregon Governor will be hung from the front porch of the State Capitol building with a sign hung from her neck stating, "To all Democrats, don't let this be you."
    :D

15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

He had explosives IIRC