1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One of my biggest fears..

Discussion in 'General' started by Pixelator, Feb 7, 2011.

1. MikeyP

MikeyP Well-Known Member

That made me jump when he got hit.
    I got rear-ended on my '03 600RR. It will be a year ago in 4 more days.
    I was slowing down to make a right into a gas station from an access road...you know what happens next.
    As I went to lean right I saw the grill of a 2500 Dodge Ram pickup in my right mirror. The grill was actually the only thing in my mirror! BOOM!
    Since I already was getting ready to lean I couldn't accelerate out of the way.
    I flew over the handlebars about 15-20 feet. I had my leathers on because I was headed out for a ride with my girlfriend...WHEW.
    I was also lucky I hadn't turned yet, because he would have run right over me at about 45-50 mph.
    My Jardine S/O went through his grill into the radiator. It bent my subframe up at a 45 degree angle. Looked funny as hell riding home :D
    His insurance paid for my bike, leathers, gloves, helmet, all my aftermarket add-ons, rental car. With the bike and gear payout I bought a used '08 600RR with 5,000 miles for $300 out-of-pocket.
    I was lucky. He did me a favor IMHO.

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Similar sorta thing happened to me on the way to work a year ago. Guy pulled out right infront of me, admitted to not seeing me, i smashed into his car like some hell. dented the trunk with my arm and all as i tuck and rolled. a few bruises and a limp for 2 weeks, and his insurance paid for my 2 year old speed triple when i was about to sell the 02' R6 to a buddy for like $2000. since i was lucky and not REALLY hurt, did me a favor.

and something like that just happened to my friend. rode all the way down to Peru and thru Bolivia and all those countries to go to the Dakar thing... gets hit after all that almost home, back in the US. bunch of rash and stitches and almost ripped off his big toe. unreal sometimes.