1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One of my biggest fears..

Discussion in 'General' started by Pixelator, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Pixelator

Pixelator Well-Known Member

2. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Nevermind.

3. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

Already in the youtube thread ;)

4. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

She showed up in his mirrors on the video. Creepy bad deal for us to see.

5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I hate when people do not look ahead (and actually pay attention) when driving a vehicle.....I hope he punched her right in the vag!!

6. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

shitty deal for sure!! he didnt leave himself much room though. i never stop that close to a bumper.

and ya i agree with potts, she needs a good punch!

7. Dissevered

Dissevered Well-Known Member

I already knew what was going to happen the second I saw the vehicle ahead stop.

Smart riding takes a good deal of perception. Any time someone ahead of me stops, I go around them or my eyes are glued to my mirror waiting for that exact thing to happen so that I can move or run lol.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Someone should tell her it's best not to approach the person you just nearly killed. From a safe distance ask, "Are you ok?" :p

Same thing happened to Ewan McGregor in Long Way Round! Some fool hit Charlie Boorman too. They survive a ride around the world on some really sketchy roads and both nearly die in North American traffic.

9. 418

418 Expert #59

:stupid:

I also used to tap my brake pedal to make the brake light go on and off just in case they're really stupid and see me yet haven't realized I'm completely stopped.

10. Dissevered

Dissevered Well-Known Member

Yeah, I do that too, I just expect it to never work haha.

11. P 51 Jockey

P 51 Jockey Well-Known Member

I would have flopped around like a fish, screaming random shit.:up: Then Larry H Parker would get me 1.2 million:beer:

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Always stay far back too in case the idiot cager starts to back up for whatever reason. Had that happen.

13. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

Good thing he's ok and has it all on tape....that old lady was as scared as he was.

14. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

exactly what i do too...until at least 1 car stops behind me.

15. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

Sorry does not cut it when you are paralyzed.

16. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

that was gnarly....thank god he is ok.

17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

+1

Happened to a buddy's younger brother this summer. Brand new 600.

It pisses me off when people say bikes are dangerous. Bikes are actually pretty damn safe. People pulling in front of you going 50+ mph are not.

18. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

had that happen to me leaving a store once, nothing like trying to push a bike backwards up an incline while holding the horn. at least the guy behind me backed up.

19. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

You can see him just turn away and ignore her as she gets in his space. I have a feeling that was his way to avoid doing what he REALLY REALLY wanted to.

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You can see her tucking away her cell phone into her pocket as she waddles over saying "I'm so saaarrrry"