1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Lucky Fool

Discussion in 'General' started by Phat Chance, Jan 9, 2010.

1. snay

snay Well-Known Member

:stupid:

2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

That sorta happened to me last night on Colerain (for the locals) but was in my blazer. Idiot was doing a U-Turn coming from the opposite direction on a 4-lane road and he couldn't make the U-turn so he stopped broadside and was blocking my 2 lanes.
    I swerved left which put me going headon in opposing traffic...

I couldn't swerve back right into my original lanes because of the concrete curb/median, so I had to do a U-turn in the opposing lanes going the wrong way. Had to look crazy for those that saw it.

If I were on a bike it woulda been all bad.

3. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

I would have tasted sh!t from my ass puckering up so hard. WOW.

4. jdhaasjr

jdhaasjr Trackday junkie

He stayed in the throttle after the close call to get to the nearest bathroom to clean out his pants...........

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Hold up ... you were wearing your leathers watching that? I know it's winter on 8-mile, but, c'mon now ... you wear your leathers while playing racing video games. Not taking a break from the pron sites. :Poke:

6. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

WOW that was close! That is one lucky SOB. He needs to take it to the track or there is not much hope for him.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You get that way living in Dallas.

Hell, I'm scared in my F150 quite frequently. Had a near miss from a Dallas-haired bimbette in a Beemer on her cellphone Saturday over in Colleyville. B!+ch shot ME a freaking dirty look as I went by. :mad:

Hell, ask Panthercity and his Stella about traffic around here...

8. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

You never know, sometimes the big guy upstairs helps you out:up:....i got lucky one time, that exact thing happened to me, only I hit the van that pulled out, no brakes, SMACK! I was outta the hospital in about 24hrs...

either way though, ridding like that is plain Russian Roulette, with maybe a few extra bullets in the gun...

9. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

And that is exactly why I only ride on a track anymore............

10. bblath

bblath Guest

now don't go making overstatements. take this with a grain of salt, but just because other people are idiots, doesn't mean it's not ok to ride on the street. (unless you stated that because you only drive like an idiot when on the street).

that's the only reason i can think of from that video to state what you (and a few others) did. you drive/ride on the street you're just gonna have to watch out for things like that. if you keep it at a reasonable pace where you always have an out for things like that you'll have less risk of something going wrong than on the track, it's just one of those risk/reward things.

people pull out in front of people. people make mistakes. bad things happen. the only thing to really be learned from that video is that riding like a donkey on the street exponentially decreases your likelihood of surviving other people's (or your own) stupid moves.

:beer:

11. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

:stupid:

12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I met a guy at the gap that had a prosthetic leg from a similarly described crash. He said he was doing 120-130 and an old lady pulled out in front of him. I guess if you go over the hood of the car, it mostly messes up your lower body.

13. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

Precision Driving. :up: Had a good angle, didn't run off the road, hardly any recovery at all. Riding on the street you gotta be ready for anything and you have to keep your cool. The guy gets an A+ from me.

14. bblath

bblath Guest

that's like giving a student an A+ for getting one right answer on the whole test. but damn...answered that one real good.

:down:

15. bel-biv

bel-biv Well-Known Member

The driver of that van is just as lucky as they guy on the bike
    Had irresistible force met with immovable object that and it'd be at least 2 DOA, depending on how many people were in the van.
    Crickey.

16. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

Shit...you boys better get some experience then. I mean girls. :rock:

17. bblath

bblath Guest

experience at what? driving like a donkey on a bike on a public road.

you're gonna get far with that one...

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Experience at handling the unexpected. It happens quite often in life...

19. bblath

bblath Guest

i'm down with that, bob. i was against him saying the guy (presumably overall) got an A+ from what he saw in the video.

i saw 99% donkey (driving like one at least)
    then 1% nice evasive move

that never scored me a A+ on a test.

20. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

Nothing like some excitement in your little Sunday afternoon cruise:rock: