1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On the subject of guns...

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Mar 27, 2020.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Amended: Shotgun, shoot, shovel, shut-up.

2. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Not me but a co worker of mine. Leaving the movies with his 14 year old daughter and a guy makes a comment about his daughter’s body, daughter knows him and pleads for him to ignore it and pulls him to the truck. Him and two of his buddies follow my friend and daughter to the truck and go around to the daughter’s side and won’t let her open the door...my buddy picks up a 4’ piece of chain from the bed of the truck and hands out 3 serious ass whoopings. Imagine a former Golden Gloves boxer at least the size of Broome but dumber than a box of hammers with absolutely zero fucks to give. I saw the video, it was AWESOME.

When the cops got there 2 witnesses backed up his story, and they later saw the video, at first everything was fine and they said it was clearly self defense. One of the three ended up needing to be airlifted and at the point the cops said they had to take him in...he did chase one of them around the truck a few times while the other 2 were sleeping. Of course the family sued and he did “win” but it still cost him close to $10,000 to defend himself.

That was here in Texas, probably would’ve slept in his own bed that night if he’d just shot them ;)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Quicktoy, Montoya, tony 340 and 2 others like this.
  3. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I was in Georgia a few years ago at a motel after a wera round. There was an overwhelming odor of weed coming into the room so i told the missus to call the desk and have the staff go and address the issue. The desk starting bitching at her as if we were the problem. I told her to hang up as I was about to go into the shower when i heard a knock at the door.

I had my off duty with me, grabbed it and peered through the eye hole and saw someone outside but I heard two voices. I opted not to answer the door for fear our neighbors heard the call.

Then, the door opened. If it wasnt for the chain being in use it would have been worse; the manager used a master key card to gain access to our room. I told him to leave and that if he crossed the door threshold he would regret it. Mind you, he never announced that he was a manager or an employee nor was he dressed as such.

Police arrived and i explained what happened. All three Officers tore into the guy saying he would have been justifiably shot. And believe me, he almost was.

If youre ever in a shooting situation, articulate everything to your attorney. Ask cop buddies what they would put in a use of force report. Trust me, we have to think 2-5 years down the line when we get sued.

I hate to admit it but off duty cops and civilians in these matters get different treatments. It shouldnt be that way; we are all citizens before what ever profession we are.

4. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

On a different subject. Anyone bought from this place - discreetgunsales.com? That Panzer bullpup ooks like afun toy.

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Cough...ZUMA....cough.

:D

6. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Don’t say a word until you speak with your attorney and let them do the talking. All this talk of “shooting their faces off” all the uppercuts you would hand out, and even all that water you bought out of spite could come back on you too.

When I was involved in my hit-and-run, my attorney and I went through my social media and on-line presence to look things over just to be prepared for when my insurance company would inevitably look at all that stuff, and that wasn’t for a potential murder or manslaughter trial. Anything a prosecutor who wanted to nail you could find would be fair game for them, especially without your own good legal representative.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

When I took a CCW class, the instructor told us that if we ever ended up in a situation where we discharged our weapon in self-defense, the first call is to the police. The second is to your lawyer. Then when the police show up, tell them you are rattled, and you'll be happy to sit down with them and your lawyer.

In these types of situations, you may not need the lawyer, but if you do, you'll be glad they are there with you.

8. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

My CCW instructor taught us the same but, I’ve always wondered, what do you do if you either don’t have CCW insurance or have an attorney on retainer? Google someone real quick?

noles19 likes this.
  9. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Better call Saul

ClemsonsR6 and GixxerJohn011 like this.
  10. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

My CCW instructor told us to empty our clip ....always.

11. :stupid:

I don’t know what I would do, other than just google someone and hope they pick up the phone.

12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Always have 3 buddies in your life.

1. That sells insurance
    1. That is a banker
    1. That is a lawyer

13. Buddies? What are these “buddies” you speak of? :D

I’ve lived in this house for 10 years, and I wouldn’t even know any of my neighbors if they walked right up to me.

Been going to the same gym for the same 10 years, and I’ve had exactly 5 conversations in that place over that 10 year span, and that’s every 2 years when I renew my membership.

I don’t like people and don’t care about making buddies. So I’d rather just wait and if/when I need one, I’ll use google. :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I've been shopping around myself for insurance, I think that USCCA will be getting my business soon enough as I want to start carrying more often. F'ing people are getting worse every year.

As for the topic, I agree with those who have stated to keep quiet and advise your attorney has been notified. Anything you utter in casual conversation, like that maybe you had a few drinks, or you heard a crash downstairs shortly after popping an 'ambien', etc.....can be troublesome for you down the road, maybe not necessarily criminally but civilly once Atty Joe Scumbag is retained because he's good at squeezing money out of innocent people for his DB clientele.

IIRC, you make a good living, get the insurance!!!

beac83 likes this.
  15. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

For the price of one decent bar tab, an umbrella policy also brings a lot of peace of mind.

16. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Doesn't that put you at risk for "overkill" or whatever they like to call it. Like, why did you need to put 15 rounds into that person? 2,3,4 sure, any jury will understand that, but 15?

17. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Besides the legal support they offer, they have a buttload of training and info. I would bet you'd be happy.

XFBO likes this.
  18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This social distancing must be killing you...:crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. Its a dream come true. :D

20. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

My thought on this is to establish a relationship with an attorney BEFORE you need one. Kind of like a doctor.

Start by calling their office, and asking some well thought out questions (sort of like a job interview for them). If they seem to be the right lawyer, then ask them to be your go-to guy for anything that may come up. Even if you give them a small retainer to maintain the relationship, it will be cheap insurance if you ever need it.