1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

on/off throttle surge gsxr750

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ScottyJFZ1, Jul 27, 2010.

1. NoBrakes

NoBrakes Invisible Brake Lines

Let me know so I can set mine up as well.

Thanks,

2. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

Ordered the TRE from Ivan today hopefully get here on Wednesday, but most likely Thursday.

3. squidd1

squidd1 New Member

look, if you have an injector code present then either your injector wiring has a problem and you're not getting enough fuel to a certian cylinder or you have an injector stuck open and its dumping fuel. either condition will cause your "hj" problem. follow the problem the bike is telling you its having, don't just throw parts at it hoping that they're going to fix it.

4. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

True very true....but I rode for 2,000 miles with the on/off throttle problem and it never thru a code.

Well it thru the code then I checked and made sure all the connections were tight...then rode it for an hour and never thru another code. So I am thinking that the number 3 PC3 connector might have been loose. I am installing the TRE tonight. If there is no difference then I am going to unplug the PC3 and see how it rides then.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Same here. I was on the verge of doing just that. It's just awesome having a bike jump about 2k rpm when you're rolling on the throttle:rolleyes:. The thing was possessed.

6. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Did you put it on and ride with it?

7. Tractionless

Tractionless Well-Known Member

I'm insterested as well as I have a TRE stock ecu and the HJ issue when opening the throttle. Guess I'll check my TPS before the trackday Sunday.

8. Tractionless

I went on to read the rest of the link posted to the GDC forum and a member in post #89 says he adjusted his secondary voltage to .67 with great results. Kept reading and found the secondaries should be set to 1.6k ohm all the way shut. Oh well guess I'll try both?!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  9. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

not yet puttig it on tonight and hope to ride it this weekend. Stay tuned...

10. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

So, not smooth with the TRE installed?

11. Tractionless

Nope, "Bumps" so bad it feels like bad cush drive rubbers or horribly loose chain. I bought new rubbers and adjusted the chain to the max possible tension per the manual and it's still there. From what I'm reading at GDC the TPS voltage can be bumped up from the center reading in dealer mode to the top reading and most have found that fixes (masks) the problem. I'm going to try it Saturday as I load up the trailer for Sunday's track excursion. I'll keep the thread posted, pun intended.

12. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

This is exactly what I experience...so the fact that I have the TRE now and your post makes me think it will not solve it. We shall see..I am going to try raising the idle to 2200 or so first to see if that helps.

Your bike is stock? no PCIII?

13. Tractionless

That's right, try the tps adjustment in the link to GDC within the thread. Almost everyone there said that cleared it up.

14. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

I did made no difference...

15. Tractionless

Dammit and that's not good for me as I already have the TRE......sheesh.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's a very narrow range for the TPS setting. Too much in either direction will exasperate the problem.

17. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

mine was in the bottom i put to the top rode it, put it in the middle rode ..really no difference....but i will try again. Still do not have TRE on...

18. Tractionless

From what I read at GDC it shouldn't go full top but rather just begin to blink the top line from the middle.

19. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

throw it on, takes three minutes

20. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

TRE is on.....too late for test ride but tomorrow afternoon I should know something. I WILL FIGURE THIS OUT

What I find interesting is that nobody at my shop suggested the TPS and they did my Dyno Tune with the TPS on the bottom mark.

The plot thickens....