1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Growth / Reclaimed wood

Discussion in 'General' started by PMooney Jr., Dec 7, 2017.

1. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Ok, who's the wood expert here? I've got 50-60 sticks of 67 year old knotty pine tongue and groove panels I'd like to sell. They're 91 1\2" long and 7 1/2" wide. Planed smooth on one side, pickwick styled on the other. Several of the tongues and grooves have some splits where they were taken down. They came out of my house, ive got a few I'm keeping for a project. Where should I sell these? Craigslist and motorcycle forums are about the only place ive sold things. Wheres the wera old wood forum classifieds...? Are they worth $100 or $2,500? I checked ebay and a guy had a nearly identical bundal to mine and it was listed for $3,500! Listing is gone, maybe it sold? Defer to Wera board wisdom once again.

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

How thick>?

Wood is CRAZY....I just paid $1100 for about 950BF of RedOak rough sawn (band sawn) Air Dried almost a year...10"-17", wide 13'-14' long, 1" thick...it will be the flooring in a couple rooms in my house..once planed and sawn. (Craigslist buy)

Old, Clean, Dry, is all good and drives up the price.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

three fiddy

Britt likes this.
  4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I'd give him Three50 easy.

BigBird likes this.
  5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Go to hipster bar
    Have fair trade organic beer that makes your urine bio-degradable with said hipsters
    Sell them wood for ridiculous price to renovate their mom's basement
    (...)
    Profit

Shenanigans, Phl218 and badmoon692008 like this.
  6. That’s actually a pretty decent deal Britt. Now get out the blacksmith tools to get real rustic :)

Britt likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There has to be at least one woodworkers BBS some place. I always thought pine was next to worthless until I visited a local law office and they had redone their entire building's floors with reclaimed VA pine and the managing partner said it cost more than his BMW to do. Smelled awesome, I get a semi over thinking about it. :D

8. PMooney Jr.

:crackup:

9. PMooney Jr.

Thanks Britt!

3/4"

10. PMooney Jr.

I cant get a damn picture to post. Damn you photobucket. And big pictures.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There are quite a few places that sell that stuff. Call them and ask what it's worth.
    Google reclaimed lumber sales.

12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

There is a guy on Ocala CL with close to what you have.. he is low in my estimate @ $150 (giving it away)...

Around here just off my math you are pretty easy $750-1000+ based on size and age. You have to find the guy who wants it for a project, job.. I would toss it on CL for $1500 and deal from there .. sell it as a whole.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

what does this stuff look like?

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Cha Ching! I've got 4000 bd ft of rough cut red oak and about 800 bd ft of cherry. I cut it in '93 and it's been stickered and stacked in my barn since then. Most is 2X6, some 2x8 and lengths from 10 to 20 feet. The oak is HARD, won't take a nail unless you pre-drill it. Problem is it's common stuff around here and there's almost no market....:(

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

List it where it isn't as common and offer to deliver it... or you can bring it and stack it in my ChickenHouse and I will pay you 1/4 of what it's worth and buy you a six pac of IPA's... :)

Shenanigans likes this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

so is wood the new Bitcoin?

badmoon692008, Phl218 and Britt like this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sure, you can "buy" whistle pig with it.

vfrket likes this.
  18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Check the price of Ebony wood...

19. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Man, I have a lot of oak I could get sawn up... hmm :)

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

don't think that's allowed on the beeb :Poke:

CRA_Fizzer and Britt like this.