1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok next little old bike question...

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Tank Boy, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Shocks...

The shocks on my little ol' MB5 look like the closer mechanism on a screen door. :(
    The shocks measure 12 1/2" eye to eye, which is the same for CB550s, but of course the CB's shocks are much more stout.

What I would love to find are some rebuildable shocks and have them sprung and vavled for the MB.

Any suggestions? What do you vintage guys use?

Thanks,

2. 512V

512V Well-Known Member

Tank Boy,
    Don't know anyone that has shocks that small,but you can try this link.

www.ahrma.org Go to webmart and check out shock supplier there.Haven't tried them myself,but have heard they work very well.There might be a problem with the size you need.
    Also try salvage yards and look for shocks from older small twins like CB or some Suzuki GS models.
    Tom

3. Tank Boy

Call me spoiled, but I'm looking for something as modern as a new monoshock. I'm not worried about staying "period legal" because neither AHRMA nor WERA vintage offers a class small enough for my flea. :p
    So I am building a mini-GP bike that looks vintage but with modern components. :cool:
    The most I have seen on from the AHRMA site are links to progressive and I'm not real impressed with their stuff.
    Some of Ohlin's vintage stuff looks promising, but alas finding it small enough is the problem... :confused:

4. 512V

512V Well-Known Member

Could you graft on the back half of CR or KX 80?
    Should be replacement shocks for them in any dirt bike mag.
    Tom

5. Tank Boy

Thats an option. Might even have to if I have to go with a longer in addition to stiffer front end. But then I have to worry about chain angle and.... uuuuhh. lets not go there.
    :eek:

6. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I use Works vintage racing shocks on my GS. They work great, You can go steel or alloy body & have them in custom sizes for a small extra cost.