1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohio getting their gas taxes back from the electric car community

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by eggfooyoung, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I don't deny that. How does that change anything? The income taxes that they pay are borne by the consumer too. My point is take the monkey off the back of the general population in the way of hidden taxes that we have no way of seeing where the money is going. I'd rather pay directly for infrastructure and know that the money is going for that purpose. I also realize that it is a pie-in-the-sky idea...though with all the talk of using mileage as a charge back tax it could be done in the not too distant future.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We are facked either way.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Again, I don't disagree. The biggest fault with my position is that the other taxes would be reduced to compensate. I have zero confidence in that.

4. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

And, can't use a valid drivers license to board a plane in Ohio? mmmmm OK

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh?

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Starting October 1, 2020, every state and territory resident will need to present a REAL ID-compliant license/ID or another acceptable form of identification (like a passport or passport card) for accessing federal facilities — including boarding commercial aircraft.

Not all state issued DLs are Real compliant

K51000 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I figured that was it but not understanding the problem with it. It's not saying you can't drive with a legal drivers license that isn't a Real ID.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...SC sent me a notice in the mail with instructions on how to get the REAL DL online. $25 and they mailed it to me, and it extended the expiration date 8 more years. Not complaining, but I don't see that as airtight security.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's all smoke and mirrors. Never any doubt about that.

ducnut and K51000 like this.