1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohio getting their gas taxes back from the electric car community

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by eggfooyoung, Jan 2, 2020.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

They have to find a way to make electrics pay something for road use.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

amused at the single tag per vehicle conversion...lol. Because criminals always run the correct plates...lol

ducnut and Quicktoy like this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yeah because heaven forbid they find a way to reduce their consumption of tax dollars. Of course these are the same people pushing fuel mileage standards higher and higher being too stupid to see that was going to lower their revenue from fuel tax collection.

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

WTF???

6. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

https://www.equipmentworld.com/oreg...dca33ecd516e524e87&oly_enc_id=8564C6003534A0R

The climate cult is powerful. There will be initial bitching just like in IL when the EV owners had to pay an annual $1k tax, but ultimately the brainwashed climate cultists will be happy to pay the tax because muh Gaia. The scammers in charge know this, they know they can get by with the money grab because they have successfully scared the hell out of their servants.

K51000 likes this.
  7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Roads and bridges are a service that is provided by the community. the only fair way to pay for the service is a mileage and weight based use fee. 18 wheelers are 9000 Times more damaging to the roads than a car. can you imagine what it would cost the truckers?

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Not a fan of any added taxes, but the numbers look pretty trivial. I'd be a little pissed if I owned a hybrid- they already use almost as much fuel as some all-gas cars.
    I thought the front plate requirement was already gone?

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

They need that money to subsidize the purchase of EV's

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, they already pay way more in tax due to that.

Marid2apterbilt and ducnut like this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

This is why every auto I have is a grey Cadillac. :crackup:

12. Motofun352

Seriously doubt that. I remember seeing signs on the back of trucks saying this truck pays 3000 dollars in road use taxes. add up gas and tires and a average car will pay a lot more than 1/9000 of that.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No they don't pay 9000 times more but haven't we had this discussion before including my question about where you're coming up with your numbers?

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So increase the tax and our costs for goods and services goes up. Who really pays that tax?

YamahaRick and ducnut like this.
  15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

You’re swimming in a sea of shit you know nothing about. Best to get out while you can. ;)

Marid2apterbilt likes this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Those greedy 1%’ers!

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Werd...increasing the cost of delivery is a double win for the tax collector. More revenue on the use side and a little bit more on each sale on the increase at the point of sale.

ducnut likes this.
  18. Motofun352

A Penn State study done for Penn DOT many years ago.

19. Motofun352

If roads and bridges are considered a "service" then paying for that service based on usage seems fair to me. Kinda like tolls on a toll road or bridge. Eliminates the use of general revenue for supporting the infrastructure and if done properly would reduce the income taxes/sales taxes. A plus would be that electric vehicles wouldn't get away scott free. I get it that's it's a stretch thinking that "they" would reduce the other taxes to compensate but it would go directly to fixing the shabby infrastructure rather than a 2 trillion dollar shovel ready spending debacle.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You seem to be laboring under the misconception that the companies pay these taxes. They may write the check, but the cost is born by their customers...you know, us.

code3ryder likes this.