1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official GNF update thread

Discussion in 'General' started by dickie doo, Oct 24, 2013.

1. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Ok, so racing starts today, and I'm sitting in my office counting down to 5 so I can hit the road to Barber.

What's the good word?
    Pics of the paddock?
    How full is the place?
    How are the endurance races?
    How many times has Broome cleaned his bikes in the last hour?
    How much Captn. Morgan did Kurt bring?
    Has Huey's dog peed on anyone yet?

Come one people!

2. Bikes have been cleaned 4 times so far. :D

3. As for me, practice went ok but I have alot of work to do before the races; I need to pick up some time. And my left arm doesnt like the cold AT ALL.

The Ape has some serious fueling issues. Massive dip, almost like it is stalling, at 7500rpm below 40% throttle. Livengood is bringing his laptop to try to work on it but if we cant get it sorted I might not ride it. It happens as im leaned over, acclerating out and it is unnerving.

4. dickie doo

Not as bad as I anticipated.

Good luck with the hand and the APE. Hopefully it's a wonky map issue that can be remedied with some software.

5. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

good luck with the arm and the bike Chris. i need to see if one of the michigan crew can get me a GNF T shirt. glad to pay for it.

go Broome, go Eddie.... good JU JU commin your way. Ski

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

$5 for each time someone runs a greasy finger along Broome's gas tank.
    $7.50 for gas tank + windscreen.

7. dickie doo

I think I'm faster than he is, so with one swipe I should be able to get 5 swipes and get out of there. :D

Besides if he catches me I'll have my 3ft screw driver a dog that bites kids, and my low-cornering skills to keep me safe.

8. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Make it $10 to include the gauges.

9. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

Was it doing that last weekend??

Hope you get it sorted

Good luck everyone

10. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

Curious Chris, 12' or 13'? 12' models had a recall on the TPS that would behave similarly when it went bad. Aprilia calls it a demand sensor.

11. burniep

burniep Well-Known Member

That is the same thing my r6 did when I had a loose wire from removing the sidestand switch. would cut out only at around 10k. for the longest time I thought it was the Quick Shifter since it was the same symptoms as engaging the Quick Shifter

12. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Borrow a Suzuki problem solved :D

Good luck :up:

13. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

i heard there were about 5 red flags after lunch today? wtf?

14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

i thought we had a ban on red flags at the gnf

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hope everyone has a great time out there.

Chris did you bring something else to ride if you can't get that sorted in time?

16. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

:crackup: I'd be willing to make a wager on it. :D

17. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I heard some old dude got out there and turned some endurance laps...
    Hahahaha

When I was walking through the outs everyone kept saying "wait are you riding?!" Especially National friends that only see me at those events and didn't know I'd been doing a little racing! Then on the track as everyone passed me (and I mean evvveryone! HahAha) I got so many waves, thumbs up but funniest was JD Mosely turning around and waving me on! After the third time I started shooting him birds. :)
    Ben Kirby and I for into an awesome battle for a 1/2 dozen laps. Sounds cool till you realize I was on an R6 and he was on an SV. :(

18. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Chaotic pitted across from ya and the APE sounds fantastic but I could hear onto straight it cutting out.. Good to hear Livengood helping tell him to stop & say hi I haven't seen him since we were on France together. Good guy! Hope ya figure ape out looks great! Good luck

Otherwise WERA pits look decent to me (outta Towner) the practice went great. Endurance had ton red flags which kinda was bad but people were riding crazy being last one perhaps. Whole day ran good. Hell Mongo didn't even back over my rental car with his rolling pimp starter castle thou I could see he wanted too ;)

Good luck to all let's hope for same weather again tomorrow

19. jrockcolors

jrockcolors Well-Known Member

Holy shit EDR on the east side . LOL , long time man ....:beer:

20. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Last time at Barber I was working with Geoff Wood on Vesrah AMA SBK. Great rider to work with! Cool seeing a lot of my easy coast friends too. John you coming out? Been long time!