1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2016 GNF thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

I don't have any good stories.... :(

2. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

That's what they all say...

:D

3. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

We should compile a list of the (alleged) characters and their associated stories.
    Are you talking about Broome's pallet of water bottles story or something else?

4. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

But your beard does...

SmokeSignalRT likes this.
  5. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

There was plenty before and at the GNF as well. The thing is, I am immune to it. If Tristan beat me, he beat an old fat guy, if I beat him (which I did a number of times this year) he got beat by an old fat guy! :D

I had a great time at the GNF as well, and really enjoyed the ESS and R3 cup races on my borrowed R3, where I had several good battles. Had some fun in vintage, and got to putt around on my 675 and get in the way of the fast guys. I may have entered about as many races as anyone there - anyone do more than nine?

V5 Racer and cajun636 like this.
  6. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I did notch it up to about 90% that one year at the GNF.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yes, the Beeb famous Broome

Gorilla George and t11ravis like this.
  8. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Not even the beard does, man. Seriously, I'm -that- boring! :D

t11ravis likes this.
  9. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Musta been 07 when I went 87%.... :D

10. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

No, I think 06 is when I rode at 90% cause Ted was riding the wheels off that 450 like I'd never seen. 07 was the year I went 4 for 4 at 85%. You were right behind me at 87% that one race. :D

SmokeSignalRT and Brad like this.
  11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You guys should really be thankful I never took racing very seriously. I was just about to start riding around using both hands to show Ned Bobb how to get it done.

12. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

87% might have been enough without the red flag! :( :D

13. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Bunch of Al Bundys I tell ya... Back in the day, I scored four touchdowns in one game...

14. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

If you guys could get NCM that'd be great. I don't know how much air fence RRW was able to out out to make it safe though. When I say the first race I mean out East, where it matters. ;)

lostinbama likes this.
  15. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I'm more Uncle Rico style bro.

t11ravis, SmokeSignalRT and Brad like this.
  16. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

They haven't made enough.

drop likes this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If we are going to talk smack....you know the reason the GNF's are always out east........cause if they were out west, then all the really fast guys that ride at more than 85% would show up.:crackup::crackup:

18. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

It was bad enough that I swapped the bodywork and carbs to the back up bike with all stock shock and forks. Now the blue bike is made lower for Melanie but still is respectable. No more than a simple head mill stock valves pistons ect. I was catching you needed 1 more lap the yellow plate guy got around me and it took a little longer to composse my self to get back around him.

19. HFD1Motorsports

at least none he is willing to share..... Brad was fast on the 400

ToddClark likes this.
  20. HFD1Motorsports

the 490 will be out for next year so all the dsb guys can call me a cheater too. :)

No Brakes likes this.