1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"OEM-like" rotors for 06-07 GSXR 750

Discussion in 'Tech' started by bhinds382, Jun 16, 2007.

1. bhinds382

bhinds382 Well-Known Member

bent a front brake rotor sliding over the curb at Roebling two weeks ago while crashing out. Great "opportunity" to replace with aftermarket rotors. Any suggestions for superstock legal aftermarket? All I could find was wave rotors.

2. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

From what i remember Vesrah are the only one you can use unless that's changed

3. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

wave are not superstock legal

4. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

That's probably why he's asking for "OEM-like" rotors.

5. bhinds382

bhinds382 Well-Known Member

Will Babb rim wheel brake rotor repair

I'll take a chance it's o.k. to respond to my own post to give a very positive referral to Will's Rim Repair in Greenville, SC. Most of us aren't shy about flaming a lousy vendor - but we need to give out "gold stars" when they're well deserved. Will is a straight up guy who knows what he's doing. He hasn't raced since 2004 - spending his weekends building his business instead of riding. Bummer for him, major good deal for those that need his services. He repaired the rotors I was going to replace - for $20. I've since re-installed the rotors, hung the front wheel and brake calipers, and the rotors are true and drag a helluva lot less! The rotors might've been slightly bent before the crash.

I couldn't see paying $150 plus for somebodies used rotors - mine had 1000 easy street miles, two track days, and 7/8's of one race on 'em when I got crashed out and bent one 2-3mm. The other one was bent almost a full mm - probably by the friendly tire changer (another suprise). The WERA "superstock" legal aftermarket rotors are rare - although I found a new pair at $320 (and a bargain at that). I stumbled on a reference to willsrimrepair.com (thanks to an old post by Aaron Stevenson). Living 2 1/2 hours from Greenville, I figured "what the hey," for $20 it was worth the ride and the chance he might save me some sorely needed bucks (for the other crash repairs). He met me in a parking lot of a local bakery/cafe near his home, and while I treated my wife and her sister (who lives in Greenville in an assisted living home) to a really great lunch at the same bakery/cafe, he fixed the rims, delivered them back to me before we finished dessert. For $20 (that was both rotors straightened to spec) and the price of gas (which was more than UPS, I'm sure), I saved a minimum of $300, 'cause I had no plans to pay good money for OEM rotors. If you need a rim or rotor straightened, give will a call at 864-787-1351, or e-mail him at [email protected] By the way, the bakery/cafe is Strossner's, just south of I-385 loop exit 37. If you go their hungry, bring lots of cash - you'll have trouble deciding what to eat there and what to take home. Info at http://www.strossners.com/ (Will should get a commission on what the sell to his customers!).:clap: