1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

2. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

3. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

And this one is definitely a repost from earlier in this thread. Kinda like calling Jinx, can't bitchslap me if I pre-admit it.

mt-everest-of-jungle-gyms.JPG

The Todd and DmanSlam like this.
  4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Not the same pic tho

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Just ask @R Acree

He's the rugrat sliding down the fireman pole.

BigBird likes this.
  6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I thought he'd be the adult taking the picture :D

BrianC636 likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How dare someone accuse me of being an adult.

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't recall any quite that tall, but most play structures were metal surrounded by non-impact absorbing hard packed dirt or asphalt...both hot as hell on a FL summer day. Sitting on wax paper could significantly increase your velocity going down a metal slide.

The Todd and tl1098 like this.
  9. Dan Dubeau

I got my 1st concussion (of many) on one of those all metal playgrounds. Picture day, grade 3. Fell off the monkey bars and nailed my head on the concrete footer. After recess I put on my nice shirt for pictures with the buttons misaligned. :). I look like I'm completely out of it with my right eye squinting a bit (something that's never gone away). Parents never knew until the pictures came lol.

10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

11. ToofPic

How the hell did we survive!?
    I broke my wrist jumping out of a swing in 3rd grade.Mrs. English could have gave zero shits about me.I layed my head down and cried like a bitch until time to go home.
    I don't know how many times my legs got crushed when friends would jump off the see-saw,and it would slam to the ground on my legs.
    And last but not least...the Merry go round of death.
    Fall off,get drugged underneath it,or slam your head into the bars when you would lose your grip.:)

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Wow...brings back memories. You however forgot the monkey bars where every one hyper-extended something and concussions were something you could "walk off". :crackup:

R Acree and ToofPic like this.
  13. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

I got that "I dont believe you" from the teachers. 3rd grade, first concussion. Told the teachers at the playground I hit my head, hell at least 3 saw it. Said I was fine, I continued to complain, got the frozen sponge in a ziplock from the nurse and back to class, where I was dizzy and nauseous, heartbeat in my eyes, blurred vision. Got home and threw up 3 times in 20 min, told my mom (a nurse) about what I was feeling, ER, CAT scan and yep severe concussion.

14. Dan Dubeau

"got your bell rung" was a common phrase in my upbringing. Ah, no big deal, just got your bell rung a bit......Here's a frozen bag of peas. The things we know now.....

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

that explains a lot about you :Poke: :D

JBall likes this.
  16. Dan Dubeau

No argument here lol

BigBird likes this.
  17. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Freakin wimps!! I had one i think sophmore yr of engineering school. I saw stars for three days - mx crash. My gpa dropped a point but I stayed in classes.

18. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

When I was in 3rd or 4th grade I saw a girl fall off the top of one those, she ended up with a ruptured spleen and broken arm. That thing was a solid 20ft tall and like Acree said those pipes were hot as fuk during the summer down here in Florida.

19. ToofPic

I forgot to mention the disgruntled horse that lived in the pasture next to the playground.
    We got bit several times a week ( because we were legally retarded).
    The horse would come to the fence,we would run to pet him, thinking it would be a different result from the day before.
    And just like clock work old bastard face horse would bite one of use,and rinse repeat daily.
    Looking back on it,I have no idea wtf our teachers were doing during all of this?
    We also years later had stacked gigantic tires full of water,snakes,and mosquitos to play on/in.

YamahaRick likes this.
  20. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Enjoyed reading about the playground memories. Stories we can tell our kids, but they won't listen as their heads are buried into their devices anyway. Maybe the grandkids then if our faculties are still present.

BigBird and ToofPic like this.