1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obama's Millionaire Tax

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by bitchcakes, Sep 18, 2011.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

`round and round they go, chasing their tails/tales yet again.

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Like bread and circuses?

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Sarah's gluten intolerant and clowns freak her out.

Can we have sushi and mini-golf instead?

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

We have a fantastic plan in the Constitution. The problem is that we are not following the vision or philosophy of the Founders. The sooner we return to rule of law and democratic control of government, free markets, and freedom of the individual, the longer America will live. .

We know what we must do to survive and prosper, that doesn't make it easy to accomplish. With the way we're headed, the United States is going to follow in the footsteps of our forerunners sooner rather than later. I doubt America will have a 500th birthday.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

She must freak out every night upon arriving home.:D

6. pickled egg

The dog distracts her so I can ditch the giant shoes and the red nose. :D

7. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I didn't know you work at McDonald's.

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Clinton took the first steps. :D

9. pickled egg

I work the late night drive-thru, and fight crime. :D

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I agree except we are not a democracy we are a republic. That is a key distinction as it is yet another check and balance. By having the states represented as well as the people it helps stop mob rule and tyranny of the majority. Schools have been glossing over that for decades. Forced popular election of the Senate was the start of tearing the balance apart. So no return of democratic control of government.

11. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Ronald McSpiderman?

12. pickled egg

Nah, Pennywise McDUI-Snitch. :D

13. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

Well said. To bad almost no one knows what any of this really means anymore.

14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I very well understand that we are a republic, and I am against direct democracy except in very limited and controlled circumstances (recall of governors, etc).

By democratic control of government, I had something specific in mind: The unelected bureaucrats and agencies that are increasingly writing their own law and enforcing their own capricious rules absent intervention of Congress. The EPA, FCC, FDA, CFPB, DHS et al.

At least Congress is somewhat accountable to voters. The bureaucrats that are increasingly given free reign to do whatever they want are a huge threat to rule of law and government accountability. It also ties into what was said earlier about the imperial Presidency and the unitary executive. Presidents are increasingly bypassing Congressional oversight by using their pet bureaucrats and agencies. Federal agencies cannot be allowed to become a political arm of the President. That's a practice that belongs in China and Russia, not our Republic.

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:clap::clap: You NAILED IT! :beer: