1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obamacare Failures Caused By "Right-Wing Media, Billionaires"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Chango, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Paying taxes is part of living in a civilized society. Tax policy is driven by the leadership of this country and that leadership, which was empowered via a legal vote, is Barack Obama. Your choices are to pay and fight, not pay and fight, or move.

as far as this being none of my business, I disagree. As an American who sees and is highly concerned about the widening gap between rich and poor, I have every right to have an opinion about the disparity in corporate compensation.

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

When you pony up the money to start a business you get to have an opinion on what to do with the profits. If you want to start a business and donate every last dime of it to even the "gap between rich and poor" knock yourself out. Otherwise, cry me a river.

3. Fonda Dix

Sorry, you dont get to decide what I am allowed to have an opinion about or what that opinions should be. Thanks for noting your disapproval though.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. It is however, none of your business as to what these companies decide to do with their profits.

5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

a majority of CEO's on the fortune 500 companies list didn't start those companies. just an FYI. a lot of them weren't even born when those companies were started. the CEO's still get crazy annual salaries and/or severance when the time comes though. just a thought while you pout in the corner all on your lonesome.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You have the same options when dealing with corporations. If you don't like it, don't deal with them or buy stock and vote them out.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Buy stock, vote them out. The association on your part is voluntary.

8. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

While your point may address the argument about starting your own business, who cares? They were appointed/approved/voted in by the shareholders (or board of directors) to run the business. They have to report to someone. If you can do the same or better for a lesser pay, why aren't you applying? If I'm pissed that the CEO of some fortune 50 company received a golden parachute that rivals most countries' GDP, I'll express that dissatisfaction with my wallet (i.e., not owning stock in that company or purchasing its goods/services).

Everyone that complains about others' paychecks can take the advice I give my crying children - "whiners get nothing."

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am amused at how many people still fall for the "evil corportion" smokescreen. I believe that the abuse at the corporate level is miniscule compared to what the government is stealing from the public. But if government makes it seem like the corporations are super bad it makes them look better. If you can not make yourself look good you just make the other guy look bad, right. This administration has that trick down to a science. Its always someone elses fault.
    The governments business model is to put out a shitty product that goes up in price every year. Then they hold a gun to everyones head and make them buy that product even if they do not want it. Oh ya, and you need to buy one for that clown that doesnt work too...

10. Howlie2

Howlie2 In middle-dodging traffic

Do you realize what it takes to get to a corporate officer level at a big company in this country? It takes huge sacrifices that few people are willing to make. Most of these folks are very high performers with long range vision that few others have. They have a unique set of skills that generally create a much more profitable company....what that company does with their profits is between the corporate officers, board and shareholders.

If you have a problem with CEO compensation, buy shares in the company or boycott the products.

11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

See, I don't give a shit what they're making or not making. Hence, I don't pout. Whether Ralph Lauren makes a billion a year or goes broke and dies destitute under a bridge, I don't give a shit. Unlike 99% of liberals, I mind my own business. The scum are always so concerned with what other people have. Maybe that's why they have nothing of their own. That money doesn't belong to you. Get your own. If you think that the poor huddled masses need more free money, make your own and donate it to them.

12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i don't care either, about that or any of these other people's irrelevant points they're trying to make in response to my statement. i'm not bitching about anyone's salary, including my own, but i'm not blind to the way of the world. i just wanted to point out that your ralph lauren story, as an example of the whole, is pretty much full of shit. that's all.

13. Fonda Dix

I am confused about what is actually being discussed.

The problem is not with compensation of performing CEO's. If a board sets a goal and he/she achieves it, they deserve every dollar regardless of amount.

The problem is those who get stacks of cash just to leave after poor performance. This is what is meant by golden parachute, right? :confused:

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You are the dungeon, man. People don't bother learning definitions. :D

15. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Government is a Corporation. If we are going to talk about fleecing, golden parachutes, let us be all-inclusive.

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

We have discussed this "wage disparity" several times in the past and so far no one has attempted to explain what the problem is. When I hear a news reporter, or a liberal, say that the gap between the poor and the wealthy is growing all I can think is,,,,,,ok, so,,,, what's the problem? In what way is Joe Blow's earnings affecting Joe Schmoe's life? :confused:

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not exactly. Corporations cannot continue to raise prices without impacting product demand. Government doesn't have that constraint.

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I can point you to someone that will render all of that as total bullshit.

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You want to know all about professional motorcycle roadracers?
    Let me turn you on to this JRP guy.
    That's how they all are.

20. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Dang, Flex! Express yo'self! :beer: