1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obamacare Failures Caused By "Right-Wing Media, Billionaires"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Chango, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Chango

Chango Something clever!

According to Kathleen Sebelius, the Obamacare failures which led to her resignation were all caused by other people. Apparently, a working website would have made things worse. Somehow.
    Also, there are apparently no billionaires helping to spread the good word about the ACA, only opposing it.

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:
    Its always someone elses fault...

3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Cut her some slack, she's not long from the rabbit hole.:D

4. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

You need to save these posts for Jase to post up.

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

He should be along soon with something clever like "I knew it" or "Here's another one":D

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Apparently anyone in the federal govt. isn't responsible for anything, even if it's their job.

7. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Yeah, Soros ain't helping BHO's causes at all. :rolleyes:

8. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That's the great thing about working for the government.
    You can fail massively and just retire with a great pension without even saying "my bad".

10. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Kind of like a CEO, albeit with a much smaller canopy.

[​IMG]

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

13. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

how many times have you seen a CEO get pushed out after a year and get like a $20mil severence? come on now... nobody in corporate america gets fired for being inept once they're over the level of VP unless they've done actual harm to the company or create a public problem... otherwise they're asked to resign or strategically pushed to step down with compensation. keeps their resume looking good that they weren't fired, they can go on to somewhere else and do it all over again. career empty chairs after a certain point. i had 2 at my last job. one was a drunk that tried to fuck the director under him, another was a lady who was a master delegator and really had no idea how to do her job that she had 25+ years of experience in supposedly.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think some of the behavior they are getting a pass on crosses that "public problem" threshold. I also have higher expectations for those paid by taxpayer dollars.

15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Seldom but every time it does occur it makes the news. The rest of them that do a decent job are not news. Nor is the CEO of a small company that gets $0 on leaving. Or the CEO who gets something on leaving as he started the company and is selling it to retire after decades of work.

Of course if they are so worthless and over compensated why don't you get in on it? Seems like the logical thing to do. :beer:

16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

expectations are only setting you up for disappointment. that is a life lesson all encompassing. a job, a woman, the government, friends... it'll help you sleep better at night the better you can do away with most of those.

bleek right? "somebody call a barista, CAUSE THIS ROAST JUST GOT DARK!"

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'll stick with my expectations. They are actually met more often than not. It's the failures that get the attention.

18. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The main distinction that I make here is that while I do not think failures should be rewarded corporations do not take money directly out of my paycheck to pay the people who are screwing up. As Acree said, the expectations are higher for those feeding out of the government trough. I can choose not to buy what an offending corporation sells but I do not have that option with the goobermint.

20. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Nice chart. Who gives a shit? Nobody is putting a gun to the head of Disney customers and investors to give up their money. The government has a gun to my head, your head, and everybody's head to cough up money. What a business chooses to pay its employees and officers is none of your damned business unless you're a shareholder.

Ralph Lauren's severance from RALPH LAUREN would pay the salaries of 5000 seamstresses? Who gives a fucking shit. If they want billions they ought to start their own company, like Ralph Lauren did. Hence why his fucking name is the company's name. I'm so tired of communists. Go get your own money if you want it so bad, stop trying to steal what other people have earned. A modern progressive is nothing but a dressed up armed robber piece of shit. They're lower than armed robbers, actually. At least someone jacking a convenience store is honest about what he's all about.

BTW, I don't know if you're a commie asshole or not. That chart is so stupid though that is deserves to be mocked.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014