1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by R Acree, Oct 9, 2009.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Show me where I was wrong, I'm not going to spend two hours going over old posts to help you possibly make your point.
    I can't argue with you if you can't state what you're arguing about.
    Don't get petulant, just make your point instead of engaging in ad hominem attacks.

2. mcskeeto

mcskeeto Well-Known Member

You haven't said anything since you have been on here other than you didn't believe who I was. I gave you links to my website. You can't even man up and admit you were wrong. You said I was wrong in the points I was trying to make and presented no evidence as to how I was wrong. You have a position and just stick to it without feeling the need to support it with facts. You just stamp your feet and start crying about how you're right because you say you are. You're pathetic, it's obvious.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  3. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Well I have successfully ignored myself.

I'm retarded.

Now I have to fix it.

4. theNEOone

theNEOone Banned

I debate with people with whom I disagree all the time - in fact, I thrive off of it. It gives me an opportunity to learn a different perspective and angle on a particular subject. It also prepares me for a future debate on the same topic with someone else - I'm now more prepared and have tweaked my argument to account for anticipated rebuttals. It's a mental exercise that I enjoy.

I don't visit left wing sites and I don't jump in on any pro-Obama Kumbaya fests. Debating is a sport - it's boring when there's no competition. It's pointless "debating" people with whom I agree. It's equally pointless to debate someone that wastes my time and can't teach me anything. Hence, ignoring certain people.

=|

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Sharp as a spoon you are....

6. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Thanks Yoda.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

:crackup:

Sorry the door was open.

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Freaking dumbass. :D

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:p

The Doc is not getting enough sleep. :D

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Damn. They must have changed the settings. I tried putting myself on ignore a few years back and couldn't.

Let me try again......nope. I'll try you......ahh very nice.:D

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

No comment. :D

13. "Debating is a sport - it's boring when there's no competition. It's pointless "debating" people with whom I agree. It's equally pointless to debate someone that wastes my time and can't teach me anything. Hence, ignoring certain people."

It's called "Forensics" and it is a debate sport at many schools and is a lot of fun. When debating someone you feel cannot teach you anything, the trick is to continue to try to teach him w/out losing it. Many forensic tournaments are based on that assumption -thus enters the "competition" of it - maybe called Lincoln - Douglas Debates..I forget. Anyway, you..must..maintain..control..ahh!

BTW, more on subject, did anyone see the Forbes "Thoughts on the Business of Life" ? It was on awards such as Oscars, Emmys, Nobels...two quotes worth noting: One by William Faulkner -On Nobel Reviewers:"It wasn't until the Nobel Prize weekend that they really thawed out. They couldn't understand my books, but they could understand $30,000"! And two, from T.S. Eliot: "The Nobel prize is a ticket to one's funeral. No one has ever done anything after he got it." Bad news for BO, huh?

14. mcskeeto

mcskeeto Well-Known Member

I think they meant for literature.

15. I understand your comment - but the Forbes deal was more a guffaw at the absurdness of some of them and the loss of value after cheaping no matter the venue...kinda like we are seeing here w/BO's Nobel albeit in another venue - another cheapened Nobel.

didn't mean to jump in ya'lls..discussion..but it just caught my eye and I thought it might diffuse the other poster's lack of cognitive thought and put things back on plane...afte reading thru the pages..Anyhoo, back at it then!

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

17. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Holy Bump, Batman!

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It is a good indicator of exactly what pretty words are worth though.
    And the same people that voted in Obama because of his pretty, meaningless words are vilifying Trump because he said unpretty, meaningless words.
    Think of it as a window in to the mind of the average voting dumbass.:D

speeddaddy likes this.