1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O2 sensor

Discussion in 'Tech' started by apexspeed, Feb 24, 2004.

1. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

can anyone tell me the thread size for the O2 sensor on a newer fuel injected bike? any bike.. Im still trying to determine if the bikes have smaller sensors than cars.

thx

/////

2. apexspeed

3. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

You still never looked at the video did you?

I have twin 02 meters on my SV. One for the front and one for the rear. They run to a twin display so you can tune each cylinder seperatly. Too bad the guy doesn't make the display anymore.

I use to have it as a MPG also... Lemme look.

And to answer your question we used the same O2 sensor that goes in cars. It's really fast reading and didn't impede much flow (if any).

4. apexspeed

I didnt... but I did save the link so I can if I ever get my other comp working right again.

I would like to find a smaller sensor since I will be using it on a 250 thumper. normally jetting is a breeze on a thumper but this one has dual-carbs and they are not stock. I will use a car part if I have too though.

/////

5. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

You can build a simple comparator circuit with some LED's and a LM3914 IC chip ($1.50). Do a search on LM3914. I built a few of them awhile back and sold some of them. It worked good with OEM heated O2 sensors...great for detecting lean spikes.

You can make O2 ports by purchasing "anti-foulers" for spark plugs at Autozone, Advance ...cutting the end off them and welding them into your exhaust.

6. apexspeed

thats a good tip using those anti foul deals! Ive been using old EGR junk I removed from old FIATs and doing the same thing (cutting them up) I think I have a whole set of those anti foulers laying arround somewhere too..

there are lots of websites out there that have detailed instructions to make one, you make it sound real easy.

I looked at a few new bikes today trying to find the sensor but they hide them pretty good. they didnt have any loose ones in the parts inventory to look at either. looks like I'll just use the car sensor, I already have a few of those anyway.

thx

/////

7. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

Most FI bikes have open loop fuel systems and don't have O2 sensors, but a bike with a closed loop system will sport an O2.