1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notre Dame Fire

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fonda Dix, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Arson/fire investigators do some amazing work but you got me.

Maybe they use duaI-coIumn gas chromatograph with fIame anaIysation detectors.

upload_2019-4-18_12-28-18.jpeg

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A lot of it is reading how the wood and other objects burn. If it all traces back to where you know a junction box was it's pretty easy to guess from there. Lack of any accelerants being detected is part of it too.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm fine with that but I get to pick which specific ones.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Sprinkled liberally with BS and Hyperbole.

5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

So God was home alone when it happened?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? What do you have against fire investigators?

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Nothing.. just fail to believe in less than a few days with the amount of destruction, that they could pin point it to an electrical short...
    to me it is like looking at a blown up engine.. with many subsequent failures.. which happens first the valve or cam chain..oil pump or rods... with such a catastrophic failure it could never be known.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but if you talk to the rider and you saw where the smoke started coming from and so on you'd be able to pin down the engine failure pretty quickly. I'm sure they don't have an absolute cause yet but they're close to sorting it out.

Britt likes this.
  9. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Fire is organic and follows strict laws of chemistry and physics. A co-dependent mechanical system experiencing a failure isn't very similar IMO.

10. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Just watch Back Draft :beer:

Chino52405 likes this.
  11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

12. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Can we protest welfare? F these people with nothing better to do than sit around getting paid to bitch about the folks that take care of their deadbeat ass all the damn time.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Some do but I have a question for you. If you were in possession of an actual piece of a cross that someone was crucified on 2000 years ago would you value it? How about a coin minted by the ancient greeks?

As to the religious part you obviously are not so it would be wasted on you. Personally I find it a bit ironic that people that are religious seem to ignore a commandment to not worship idols which is what relics would seem to be. Someone more trained might know some logic but to me it seems weird other than from a historic stand point.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You know that's like calling sunrise, right?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, but I'll take my obvious wins where I can get them :D

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:A win is a win!:bow:

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You know what? Fuck the Catholic church. The only headline they deserve is the thousands (thousands, not hundreds) of sexual misconduct cases they've covered up over the decades. Fuck em. Their precious building can rot.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's not theirs evidently, belongs to the government. I can see it having a tourist money draw so probably worth rebuilding.

20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

FTFY