1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not good news for racing

Discussion in 'General' started by Tortuga, Sep 1, 2013.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just another example of Big Daddy Gubmint trying to be the foster parent for us all.

2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Bullshit. Bring back the Cigs....bring back the money

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Missed this...my mistake. I meant assholes who are Congessmen.

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Same thing that happened with cigarettes, the racing industry will look for the next deep pocket sponsor. Except, there won't be another most likely.

Energy drinks will be legislated out of marketing their swill, give it 10 years.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Easily, they're both things that are bad for you but humans choose to ingest anyway. Eventually some holier than thou idiot gets on a bandwagon and suckers a lot of others into agreeing with them and the government will outlaw them via one method or another to save you from yourself.

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

yes but sadly 90% of parents these days need someone watching them...

7. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i never started smoking because i saw it on a race car

8. GoldStarRon

GoldStarRon Well-Known Member

Good topic guys.. OK, so I wonder what the statistics are on smoking..? I seem to see a lot of young kids smoking. So, has smoking percentages gone down since the ad ban..? If so by a lot or just a little..? I too doubt any ban on energy drinks or soft drinks will matter, kids will do what they want, and then it becomes a habit that is hard to stop.

I guess I was lucky in a way.. I never smoked, even though it was in fashion. You see about 50 years ago, I got taken to the hospital to say goodbye to my Grandpa.. He only smoked cigars occasionally, but yes he had throat and lip Cancer. In those days he did not live long, once it was found. However, in the room well ward he was in were a bunch (not sure how many, 20, 50, or more) of people all waiting to die from smoking.. My parents had no idea how that got to me, and kept me from ever wanting to do that bad habit. That said, it had no positive effect on my siblings, they are big time smokers today, still.

Some of you know.. you have had someone close to you get Cancer in one form or another.. it is ugly.. it is not good.. some of you WILL get Cancer, you just may not know it yet.

So, here is something you may find relevant.. I got told that my Cancer (Kidney Cancer) may of been caused by my exposure to chemicals, gas, oil, solvents.. I never used gloves when working on cars or bikes back then.. I can tell you first hand, Cancer is not fun... Oh yes, while typing this, my new brand of Chemo drug just arrived. Don't be sad for me.. I tell you this only in hope you may change how you live your life and hope you avoid this crap..

Oh yes, Sodas, and lots of food have bad crap in them as well.. caffeine is just one bad thing that in excess can shorten your life.. there are many..

Be Well All...
    Ron