1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not collectible but sentimental

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Outsider V6 V7, May 30, 2018.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I forgot to mention low-revving/under-powered. :D
    It's awesome that your wife has taken a shine to it. :cool:

<edit> They sounded really good with the stock exhaust. I bet that 4-1 sounds good, too.

2. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

When we were tuning it on the dyno, not even worrying about power, with the pod filters and the pipe, my mechanic said, dang that thing just threw down 78 hp with a slipping clutch. They are electric smooth and once again an under valued bike. Unless you've ridden one of these you'll never understand. LOL

3. fastfreddie

Just like Ducati! :D
    That's a respectable number comin' off a 700. An '86 GSX-R750 was rated for 85-ish, stock, which meant it prolly had just over 80.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  4. Outsider V6 V7

Agreed my 86 limited clone made 82 stock and after falicon, carillo, Webb, Keihin and a bunch of Benjamins now makes 119. Too old and beat up for the keihins so probably 115 with CV's LOL

Attached Files:

rcmike917 and TurboBlew like this.
  5. fastfreddie

There's a lot to be said about flatslide throttle response/control, tho'.
    You might could find ya an old 1100 engine. Freshen it up for an easy 120+hp. Should drop right in, no? ;)

6. Outsider V6 V7

Freddie, already have two with that option and been racing them with WERA since 1999. 1216cc is the correct answer and thousands later in pistons, cranks, headwork, cams and magic sauce puts it at 155 rear wheel hp and 98.7 ft/lbs of torque.

Attached Files:

rcmike917, TurboBlew and matty-matt like this.
  7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Hey! The VH can isn't upside down in that pic!

:D

8. fastfreddie

Nice. I bet that thing has a serious power/weight ratio.

9. matty-matt

matty-matt Well-Known Member

i learned on a couple Nighthawk S's. seems like all my friends had them in the mid-80's. best sounding stock exhaust at the time, pulled the front wheel up going into second & handled pretty decent with quick turn in on that 16" front. been looking for one also, esp the '86 RWB model.

Outsider V6 V7 likes this.
  10. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Remember Chris and I both first raced an 87 Hurricane in V6HW against you and a few others.