1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton Motorcycles in trouble?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Norton was sold this week to the Indian motorcycle firm, TVS.
    TVS says they want to restore the Norton prestige and name
    https://www.visordown.com/news/industry/official-norton-motorcycles-bought-indian-firm-tvs

Also, revealed this week, Slimeball Gardner sold the rights to the 961 motor back in December, before the collapse.
    Also, he started Norton Motors, LLC, which should dilute the value of the Norton name

Don't know how TVS will restore Norton's glory without a motor. The rights to the 650 motor belong to a Chinese company

2. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

buncha wonky teeth crooks .norton is dead let it rest in peace.

3. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

old brit norton people spinning in their graves! can`t believe this shitte!

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

They need to start fresh like Triumph. Pay homage to the past designs, but modernize them and stop regurgitating the same old unreliable engine style.

stk0308 and noles19 like this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The Manx and Commando are such a fkn cool design. Seems to me it's the style so many other companies have copied over the years with everyone making a cafe racer. Damn shame Norton bungled it so badly when they should have been leading.

Maybe Eric Buell can step in :D

6. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

They did start fresh, using Kenny Dreer's design

Is there something wrong with parallel twins? Many manufacturers have one, especially Triumph

7. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Norton didn't bungle it, it appears the CEO stole a lot of the cash investments

8. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Dear Suzuki...

9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

LOL this was hilarious on all my FB groups today. Half thankful and hopeful, half talking about a disgrace to see such a prestigious UK brand go foreign, and whatabout all the foreign aide we give India prolly using that to pay for it, etc...

all I kept thinking was... maybe its a little give back for all the Empiring haha. chuckled to myself a little. i really wish they just put Crighton's motors in some and sold them. nothing they produce interests me at all. Oh well...

10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

that is a dickhead motor that makes like 5hp. his makes 200hp. its not even worth pretending its close to the same. Norton can lick all the weiners with their dumb garbage bullshit nostalgia. Harley of Europe... cept they sell less clothing.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

McPint wants his money. Screenshot_20200531-193359.png

stk0308, scottn, 418 and 1 other person like this.