1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton Motorcycles in trouble?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

2. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Do not want their cookie

Can you copy something to here?

K51000 likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shit no! Block the page until you accept. F@ck dat shit!

As for Norton, should we set up a gofundme page? :rolleyes:

SpeedyE and K51000 like this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

It sounds like it’s a credit they’re further owed from their government. Once they receive it, the tax liability is to be paid. They’ve already paid the previous balance of that tax, once they received their previous credit. Seems like an overreaction, to me.

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Norton hasn’t been healthy since 1974.

It’s just sad that the Marque can’t get going but they asking crazy high prices for their machines....

418 and stk0308 like this.
  6. ton

ton Arf!

that'd be a far more worthy cause than most of the others we see...

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You guys don't use adblockers? o_O I don't see any of whatever cookie you mention. Firefox+Ublock

8. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

They've never really set themselves up for success, they just diddle around with their 50 year old designs that take tons of hours to hand build. This billionaire will give up, and another will step in. Or maybe Tata motors will add them to their once-failed British brand portfolio.

9. Robby-Bobby

The latest were new designs I thought?

They look similar but from what I saw they are modern.

The dude in Oregon or Colorado was the outfit basically updating the old stuff if I remember correctly.

stk0308 likes this.
  10. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Kenny Dreer originally modified 1970s vintage Commandos into much better machines

He later bought the Norton name and developed the all new 961. He had a running prototype, which I've seen many times, but his financial backer bailed before production.

The British group revived that bike and started selling them.

A friend has one, and it spends months in the shop.

This is just a financial thing between various British beauracracies

11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The bunch in charge now seem to be all style and no substance, I have a feeling the whole thing is a bit shady.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

They keep announcing really cool supersport bikes. Not sure any of them are actually in production. The V4, the Ultralight...

13. Robby-Bobby

Didn’t they bring one to the Isle a few years ago? Powered by Aprilia

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yes, they eventually put their own v4 in it. McGuinness rode for them. It sucked.
    This might explain why McGuinness has been on social media looking for a ride in 2020. I think that relationship soured. Not sure they paid him?

15. Robin172

They also bought Spondon and if the stories are to be believed they laid everyone off and then destroyed all the tooling, jigs and spares that came with the sale. Seems the name was the only thing of interest to them.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

17. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

I read that earlier today.
    Great article and interview

Mr Gardner seems like a piece of work

18. Robin172

So all the stories I'd heard about Garner being a real chancer are proving to be true.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

there's a guy on the V4 society FB group who brought his Norton in for some paint related service items (into the factory) and had his bike stripped and parts put on another customer's bike. the video shows him cussing and pushing the remainder of his bike out of there and getting it loaded onto a truck.

he's currently suing them.

20. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I want a Norton NRS 588.....

stk0308 likes this.