1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Northern half of Georgia wintry weather possible

Discussion in 'General' started by jkhonea, Feb 9, 2014.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Pretty much :D......:Poke:

Although it's definitely doable, UNLESS you're well informed on how electricity works I wouldn't recommend it folks.

2. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

It's a peculiar sort of nasty here, go out on the deck to take a look and it's like sticking your head in the ice cream freezer at the grocery story. Even get teeny bits of ice blown in your face.

3. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

I hope you guys make it.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

We're doin alright...we are holding off setting the cross on fire...that's for special occasions. :D

5. :stupid:

:crackup::crackup:

6. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

well now we have snow lol.. nice transition from ice to snow. another day working from home, sorta..

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You guys have to admit, the snow does look very cool outside. It's evening time, the kids know there's no school the next day, you're inside next to the fire drinking a hot chocolate, nice memories. The ice is the nasty stuff, especially if it causes a power outage.

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

May have already been covered but DON'T BACKFEED POWER through an outlet from the genny. If you do, TURN OFF THE MAIN BREAKER TO THE HOUSE.

Linemen will appreciate not being killed when they are trying to restore your power. :up:

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Your right about everything but the Hot Chocolate!:beer:

10. drybreak

drybreak Fuelish Boy

Sleet turned gave way to a few inches of snow last night. That's ending soon and we're going above freezing. All gone and back to normal this weekend, 50s and 60s. We dodged a bullet on the north side.

This is my kind of winter. Here today, gone tomorrow.

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

Went to the only restaurant (not mc d or Waffle House) open in town last night, driving on the interstate wit 4-8inches and awd was a pleasure... Almost no cars, big fun

I'm gonna ride my bike this weekend though

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

LMAO.... I did the same with the Wife and Kids last night... Only thing we found open was the Awful Waffle... Good to get out .....:up:

13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

The snow here is perfect... first time I can remember being able to roll a snowball and having it actually grow into big one for a snowman. We dont get this kind of snow here.

14. Just go in from sledding with the kids.

15. :stupid:

my dogs are having a blast. my rotty LOVES the snow she goes crazy. its awesome.

16. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

ahh.. the sun is coming out.

17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Game on!

Attached Files:

18. drybreak

drybreak Fuelish Boy

Been getting a little loose on the local roads today. Good timing -- just put new knobbies on the ol' dualsport.

Attached Files:

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That snowman can't be from Pittsburgh the mid section is too small.

20. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

sun is out here, stuff is 70% melted from the roads, and i never lost power.

Looking at the forecast, its supposed to be 71 degrees here by Thursday. Gotta love living in the south. :crackup:

Leaving tomorrow around noon headed to Tally for the Story of Hope weekend and some 60 degree temps and sunshine! :up: