1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Northern half of Georgia wintry weather possible

Discussion in 'General' started by jkhonea, Feb 9, 2014.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

We've had nothing for a few hours, but the sleet has just started again... here we go! :D

Kids have been disappointed so far because of the lack of snow after seeing 7+ inches for us on the news. Our neighbors yard doesnt even have any accumulated.

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

The snow accumulations are to start around 6pm

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Down here in redneckistan it's still freezing rain. Coming down harder and the ice on the trees is getting visibly thicker.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We are starting to get some limbs down and the tops coming out of the evergreen stuff. Lost the home net feed about 30 min ago

5. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Still nothing coming down here in Marietta. I've been working all morning on emails and conference calls.

I'll head outside to start a fire in the fire pit and try to flat track my CFR around the neighborhood. Both things seem like a good idea.

6. mcarter

mcarter Well-Known Member

Just rain here in North Alabama. I dont think anything is going to happen

7. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Got to watch a transformer explode by the house here in Orangeburg, SC. Pretty impressive blue sparks flying out of the thing and very loud.

8. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

The snow is really coming down here. The local forecast says 6-10" and I'm not doubting that looking out the window right now.

9. RR558

RR558 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

About 4 Inches here in Cumming.... Just got back from getting a cup of Joe... Roads are fine but slushy as hell... It will probally change tonight.... Drilling screws in the scooters tires now..:D

11. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

if this shifter kart were running, i'd go screw some studs in the tires and do the same thing.

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

video is currently being processed. i'll send ya the linky

13. Have a couple of inches up here in Dahlonega and ice is coming down now to be followed by more snow.. 50`s and sun forecast for the weekend. Hope so, waiting on UPS or Tally isn't going to happen. Oh the anxiety!

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

thanks

15. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

Yeah! my wife is telling me the same thing, she is in the house in Winston-Salem with the kids, says its snowing real heavy. I feel kinda bad right now as I'm in Los Angeles, rode the Aprilia into work today, it's a really nice warm day here in LA. I have a red-eye flight on Friday night to Greensboro. Hopefully everything will be back to normal by then?

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Everything looks good from down here in Isla Holbox In the Yucatan. Must be coming form the north I guess?

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

The vid is awesome. Go put it in the youtube thread.:Poke:

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

no.

19. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

I'm already running out of bread and milk and the situation is getting quite dire. Trying to muster courage and strength to make it to the Asian massage parlor. This storm is damn near unsurviveable. Good thing its only raining here in FL because I don't have tire chains.

20. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Awe C'mon