1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noobs to nelson

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by 5axis, Apr 15, 2011.

1. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Looking forward to joining the reindeer games at nelson.

2. hotwings

hotwings New Member

It will be fun trying our hand at some racing. 5axis (my brother) is on a little Aprilla 250, I'm riding an SV650. We've done on track day at Nelson, not my favorite track. I killed a ground hog there. Hit him on the back straight at speed. Kept it up right, moved over off the race line, put my hand up, and started laughing in my helmet....

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

same. See you guys in the classroom sessions. Is it too early to start bench-racing for the mock race? :beer:

4. RebelGirlRacing

RebelGirlRacing Active Member

See you guys there. Always nice to see new racers out. You will have a blast.

Let's hope for some nice weather. We had sleet, rain, 50mph wind gusts and freezing cold temps this past weekend at Nelsons. Seems like winter just doesn't want to let go. :down:

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

at least ownership should know which of their drainage pipes are likely to clog now. I've seen pictures from Saturday...

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's been happening with heavy rains since the 70's :D

Let me guess - front straight just before the bridge on riders left. Possibly around the kink and then the inside of T4.

7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Nah, just the front straight...only took about 3 hours or so to pump most of it out...:down:

8. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

As my brother mentioned we have been to Nelson 1 time prior for a NESBA day. I sort-a liked it. It will be good to meet some new folks and get to ride with a few bikes our own size. Battling in A group with a cup bike has been fun but giving away over 100hp at times gets old. darn parker screamers

ps email sent about number assignments

Come on 77 and sunny

9. tracaddict

tracaddict Well-Known Member

Hey Chris are you going to the Friday practice session? I'll be there, you'll get a TON of track time, and get any unanswered questions figured out before race time.

10. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Just got my offical license in the mail today so Im definitely still a noob racer. Ive spectated at Nelsons but never actually been on it, pretty sure Ill be there at the end of the month.

Ill be in V6HW & V7HW

:up:

11. foster

foster Well-Known Member

I'll be there. Planning on Friday practice too. PN #535. Riding in HWT Solo, B SS and SB.

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I wasn't planning on it, but if the weather's any good, i'll load up Thursday night and bring the bike to work on Friday so I can leave directly from here at 4:00 or so.

13. davis2480

davis2480 Blake Davis's dad #122

Never seen the track and have 1 full race weekend under my belt. Can't wait to try it.

14. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

15. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I'll be there for my first weekend (LWT). I'm going with two buddies that are doing their first racing as well (C).

16. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

sent a email to wera inquiring about numbers a few days ago

curious if it got lost or just backlogged ?

thanks

17. jsmalnar

jsmalnar III_I

In. Be there Thursday night through Sunday. MW S20, C SS, C SB, B SS. Hopefully my last weekend being an orange highlighter. See you all there!

18. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

almost go time.

counting down the minutes until I can leave work and finish loading up!

19. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

How'd everyone do?

20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

no off-track excursions.

Only half the class actually braved the rain on Sunday though.