1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-Stick cookware sets?

Discussion in 'General' started by njracer, Dec 1, 2021.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Stainless steel or ceramic nonstick only. Fuck that Teflon shite

BigBird and backbone like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Different pans for different things. Same as knives and tools - granted on all counts you don't need anywhere near as many as the people selling them in sets want you to think you do.

Of course I cook with butter. And olive oil, and canola, and pam, and crisco. All depends on what I'm making.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I read around the web and that's exactly what I told her to get next time she's there - although she does want an 8inch. My only caveat was it must have a metal handle even if it's covered in silicone or plastic so it'll hang on the rack without breaking.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Got a bunch of that too, full copper with the brass handles for full pimp looks :D

5. breakneckPace

breakneckPace Well-Known Member

Anyone here tried out the hexclad stuff? does it actually do what it says it does? (non-stick but metal utensils ok) or is it a bunch of advertising hype and everything sticks to it?

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Oh, you pimpin' alright...and flauntin' it!

Allow me to retort...Le Creuset. FTW! :D

7. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Okay, I'll chip in. We're on a gas range top and have really been getting into using our cast iron on the range, in the oven, and on the grill outside. Some of it's hand me down, and some we've been working up a good seasoned coating for a while. Has anybody used cast iron on an induction top? I see a lot of induction tops with the smooth glass, and all I can think is "no more cast iron" :(

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have a few pieces, full enamel dutch oven and outside enamel skillet get used all the time. Have some Lodge as well.

Yzasserina likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cast iron is perfect for induction. Hell, I got a cast iron skillet just for the RV because the regular stuff I had in there didn't work as well with the induction top it has.

10. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Thanks, for some reason I keep thinking that there's gonna be that one time that I set it down on that glass surface too hard and it shatters

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, there is that...

So boss grabbed a $13 non stick at Ross or someplace. Using no oil, first egg stuck. With oil works fine. Granted so do my sticky pans and cast iron and everything else out there :crackup: