1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-Stick cookware sets?

Discussion in 'General' started by njracer, Dec 1, 2021.

1. backbone

backbone scarred for life

My wife LOVES her Greenpan set. I thought I heard of them from here a few years back.
    Anyway, I've bought several different brands over the years and she has never said anything.
    But, she tells me pretty regular how much she loves the Greenpan set.

2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Invest in some quality stainless cookware. As someone who cooks at least 2 meals per day, I am wary of using non stick coating so frequently

chobes likes this.
  3. Size9

Size9 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with Made In?

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

No experience, but looking on their website focking expensive

5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Love how a stewardess told me I should not spray pan spray on a non stick egg pan because it ruins them. After reading an article in a magazize. Told her to come back to me after cooking 10,000 eggs. And this isn't Suzy home maker food network cooking. It's a non stick pan, use it over and over, it is what it is. But 2 high quality ones dedicated to only eggs and you will be good

6. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

7. Captain Morgan

8. Captain Morgan

When hard frying proitens

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

#1- Can somebody translate the last two posts for me?
    #2-Has anybody tried this stuff?

https://baconup.com/

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

If you or anyone else is looking for these. They are unattainable new now. I’d get them but I have those times two and then some.
    7BDD0D9A-8D18-4CCE-A476-81432A3906FE.jpeg

11. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I have a skilled amateur chef friend who swears by his carbon steel pans.

12. Once a Wanker..

We cool bacon grease a bit, line a plastic ice cube tray with plastic wrap, save and freeze all of our bacon grease. Use it for most things we need to grease a pan to cook.

13. Once a Wanker..

Anyone tried titanium? I've heard it's the shite.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bump. Boss isn't happy with the baby all-clad non stick, thinking about just grabbing the right size cheap at Wally World or the like but not sure if anyone has found something they truly like.

15. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Last non sticks I bought were Green Pan brand at Target. So far the 6" has about 4 years of every day use on it for eggs and it is still in good shape. Anodized outer aluminum. Not sure where price point is now, but the single pieces were cheap when I was shopping.

https://www.target.com/p/green-pan-chatham-8-ceramic-frypan/-/A-52320407#lnk=sametab - that looks to be the updated version of what I bought last time around.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, hit some sites for reviews and looks like the tramontina cheapie at walmart is about the same. I still like my all clad non stick but she keeps using butter on scramble eggs and making them stick so I'm good with her buying her own pan that she likes :D Now to figure out how to clean the residue off of mine and get it back to super slippery...

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Non-stick scares me. Not too keen on aluminum cookware either.

Stainless? Hell, yeah. Iron and ceramic, too. Or just ram that stripped sapling down the pig's throat and out its ass, hang it over a fire and start rotatin'. Mmmm.
    I love the way stainless cleans up, just douse it under the faucet while it's hot and shit falls right off it...assuming you cook with butter.
    You do cook with butter, right?
    Don't tell me you've bought into using vegetable-based motor oil. :Puke:That's almost as bad as the poisons gassing out of your "non-stick"s when you overheat them...and you will overheat them, even if you think you aren't. :D

18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Yzasserina likes this.
  19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

"With proper care, it may last four years".

'the fuck? :rolleyes: What happens? The poison coating incorporates with the number of meals?
    FUCK THIS, FUCK THAT and FUCK YOU! :crackup:

My RevereWare is 35 years old and I will destroy the mo-fo that fucks it up cuz the only replacement will be robbing my parents of their RevereWare...60+ years and still in use.

20. backbone

backbone scarred for life

GreenPan is still #1 out of everything we have ever used. Will buy more if we ever need to, but they still seem like new.