1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No more racing on Sunday

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by I'm with Stupid, Mar 26, 2004.

1. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Well, since I'm not Catholic, I'm going racing! ;)

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I am, so I guess I can still race endurance,but does this mean I can't watch on sunday:eek:

3. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Sunday should be for God, not sports. :confused: :rolleyes:

So on Sunday no basketball?, no baseball?, no football?, no swimming?, no sex?, no tennis?, no hunting?, no chess?, no playing marbles?

What about working on Sunday, no jobs?, no resturants?, no mass transit?, no planes?, no trains?, no ships?, and going a step further, what about cooking food at home on Sunday (thats work too). :rolleyes:

4. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I don't care what anyone says...fuck religion period! I've got better things to do than sit around listening to someone telling me to believe in or have faith in something with no factual basis whatsoever. Sorry, ain't buyin' any of it. Flame away:Puke:

5. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

I thought the Sabbath was Saturday? :confused: ;)

I was working in Canadian many moons ago when the then Prime Minister (I think that's who did it) decided Sunday was church and family time and deceeded that all stores would be closed on Sundays. I don't think the locals cared much for that.... Is it still like that?

Bush will be putting that in the Constitution next! :Poke:

(Did I say that outloud? Is this thing on?) :beer:

6. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

Sunday is the hardest day of work for most ministers:D

7. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Yeah, well, he also thinks your weiner is just for peeing with:Poke: . I'll stick to my own ideals, thanks. Ride on Sunday, rest (at work) on monday.:D .
    Cheers, Lee S.

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Re: Re: No more racing on Sunday

If ignorance is bliss, you must be one happy fella...

:rolleyes:

9. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Re: Re: Re: No more racing on Sunday

I am, actually. I'm one of those who believe religion to be nothing more than an elaborate fairy tale which, like any story, got bigger and more involved every time it was told. Nothing more. Sorry if you don't share my opinion but, hey, that what makes America great:D .
    Cheers, Lee S.

10. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Re: Re: Re: No more racing on Sunday

I don't know, I think that's a pretty accurate assessment of the Roman Catholic Church's opinion on what to do with your pecker.

Fornication outside of marriage = not permitted.
    Birth control = not permitted.

So, unless you're married and trying to make a baby, the Pope wants you to use it only for peeing. After all, the thing that made Monty Python's "Every Sperm is Sacred" song so funny (I forget which movie it was in at the moment) was the ring of truth it had to it.

Lucky for me, I don't care what the Pope wants. ;)

And Lee, I agree with you 100%. :up: Except you forgot the part about religion being used to keep the little people in line. But other than that, I think you nailed it.

11. chaplain

chaplain MRO pulpit jockey

hmmmmmmm

"Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath."

As I recall that quote from Jesus, he was taking the Pharisees behind the woodshed for making Sabbath observance legalistic. His point was that the day of rest be it Sabbath or The Lord's Day (Sunday) was a time to rest, reflect and refresh. In other words it is a time for us to take care of ourselves.

I go to races, the golf course, the beach on Sunday and have no problems with it because I'm refueling and "recreating" (henceforth the word RECREATion).

I disagree with the Pope....I got no problems with sports on Sunday.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Re: Re: Re: Re: No more racing on Sunday

The Meaning of Life

Every Sperm is Sacred