1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NJ Motorsport Park OPENING DAY

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by RubberChicken, Jul 8, 2008.

1. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

Go back and read a bit more carefully.... even look at the pictures if that is easier for you... Suburban Rancher's name, years of membership and club account ID and riding level (he did block out his password).

The point is that there appears to be no formal policy as to member's personal data since an employee of a club was willing to do a DB search on someone's riding history with that club and post the results.

If you don't care about how your personal data is managed that is your choice, others may indeed care if there are policies and procedures in place to protect their identity. The fact that specific laws exist on this very subject might be a bit of a hint that it is fairly important...

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Uhhh I hate to break the news to you Hank but Chris posted both ID cards, a matter a fact if you had read Chris' post you would had understood why he posted them.......take another look if you dont believe me.......

Ill even help you out, Dafan could not find Chris' name in the database, Chris posted his very first membership card (Im impressed I threw mine out), Dafan counters, more or less, with "well, Ive been keeping the DB for 6 yrs and you're not on it, have you ridden in the past 6 yrs under your name", Chris counters with his '06 membership card......Dafan succumbs as he goes banging on the side of his pc to figure out WTF is going on.

But hey dont let that stop you from the theme that's been going on in here for the past few pages. :up:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, I don't think you two are arguing what you think you are....

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Dude, Im beginning to think you might be right cuz it looked pretty simple to me.. :D

5. hank748

Probably not - but it appears that XFBO believes that I'm carrying on "the theme that's been going on in here for the past few pages"... i.e., a perceived 'bashing' of a particular club, and I didn't believe that was the obvious case :rolleyes: ... then again, I could be wrong and what's obvious to me may not be obvious to others...

I just believe that for future reference, all clubs should have a policy that any exchanges of personal data with its members is best carried on away from a public forum.

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Not at all, I actually wanted to commend you guys on being completely unobtrusive on the track in the advanced sessions. Your company has some good riders who maintain a full awareness of what's going on around them at speed when taping, and I have think its great that you're out there helping riders with video :up:

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Hank where did Dafan or any other TPM staff member display Chris' information?
    That's pretty much where your confidentiality argument began no?

Let's keep this one on track for a sec......you 'thought' he displayed Chris' private info, were you wrong or right?

8. Suburbanrancher

In all honesty, I hope the TPM debating is finished at this point. I thought it was a week and a half ago, but I was called out and felt the need the respond because I believe very strongly in credibility.

Having said that, no club is 100% perfect, people have their preferences, and I'm thankful that there's even clubs out there which provide the opportunity for enthusiasts like us to ride on the track.

9. Suburbanrancher

I believe Hank's point in part is that it was disconcerting that an employee of TPM did a search of their database based upon a BBS posting. In my profession we need a very specific reason to conduct such searches; they cannot be performed arbitrarily or because an employee felt "slighted".

10. hank748

Sheeeesh Dude - for the third time...

I never posted any mention of Defan or any other TPM staff member posting Chris' personal data - use some basic logic and insight! If Defan wanted to verify his DB with what SuburbanRancher posted, he should have done it via PM - and all future requests by a club regarding a rider's information should be done in accordance with set policies that comply with the law.

Give it a rest already... I know I need one from you... :Poke:

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I hope you're not referring to my dialogue with you as 'calling out', that wasnt my intent.

No, I think the point Hank was making was that it is unprofessional and illegal for a club to POST personal information online but was clearly mistaken and has yet to apologize for it.

IIRC, Dafan runs the computer end of TPM's business (IT), if he sees someone whom he perceives to be making a false claim why wouldnt he look up the name to see if it's a fabrication or not? Let's face it, club rivalry isnt new and some ppl feel the need to make theirs more superior than their competition.

Integrity goes both ways no?

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

So what did you exactly mean when you said this>

Who is HE? Im missing your point cuz Chris posted the pic not Dafan......did Dafan ask him to post it on the forum?

I just wanted to point out that I really dont like arguing. :eek:

ANYONE going to NJMP - Thunderbolt on the 4th? :D :D :D

13. Suburbanrancher

Without a doubt. Let's discuss:

I believe that if Dafan as an employee of TPM had an issue with a person because he felt they were lying about their membership, then the appropriate and professional thing to do as a representative of the company would have been to address it with them initially via PM. This would demonstrate that his concern was in fact regarding potential inaccuracies within their database and nothing more.

But instead, Dafan established publicly that he is acting as an agent for Team Promotion. He also established that he conducted a search of their membership database based upon posts he read on a BBS with which he did not agree. So in essence, Dafan used his position to investigate a prior member based upon BBS folly, and then posted said results in an effort to discredit that person.

It would cause me great concern as a current client to know that employees of Team Promotion are conducting background checks of members based upon what is posted on a third-party BBS. I would also be very concerned that those same people had access to other information of mine, including any identification and financial information on file.

Integrity? It begins with ethical behavior.

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Should I take that as he didnt? :D
    Im just asking cuz I know you ignored my 2 PM's from 2 weeks ago when this debacle started. :eek: :Poke:

I agree with you to a point but the truth is he didnt display YOUR info on here the way it was insinuated earlier, that was MY point btw. You could had just as easily replied WITH photo's in PM to him.

The bottom line is this, if a company's integrity is questioned on the net I think most will do what they can to clear it up in the name of damage control. The 3 of us probably witnessed this just a few weeks ago on the 'other' forum with a well known mc sales/tire vendor.

Sometimes ppl take the internet too seriously and personally but I dont agree with ppl/clubs/companies being 'picked on' over things that may not be true and/or accurate.

15. Suburbanrancher

Because I'm not here to carry out a pissing match.

Nope. He went public, public response it is.

Understood. Only problem is their wasn't a single post made here prior to today that questioned the company's integrity, only policies related to operations. And that conversation was done until last night, when I discovered a TPM representative was conducting a background check on my past membership.

16. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Every time I come back to this posting I expect to find something about NJMP. Instead I get . . . .

:Pop:

17. hank748

I can't apologize for you being confused....Other's understood exactly what I said... and before i end any additional involvement with this thread, I just want to confirm that you are indeed the XFBO from Speedzilla that was honored with 18.31% of over 70 votes cast for the distinction of....
    If that is indeed you, then no worries - it's all good fun... and I can see that there is a precedent with your posts... So in the end, I don't take your or anyone else's posts too seriously... I know people get all hot & bothered on these forums so I say no harm, no foul - everyone can agree to disagree and sing cum-bye-ya or a beer.

Party on Garth :beer:

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Now you're just being an ass, it would seem like you've had wood for not only my postings but the club I choose to ride with.

My postings on any other forum have nothing to do with this discussion. This is the second time you've brought up Zilla dialogue in this thread, both times having nothing to do with the ongoing discussion.

You claim to know me or about my posting but you clearly fumbled my very first post in this thread with the 'bitch remark' that was NOT directed at any one person, probably to stir the pot cuz some ppl dig that and NOW you've completely backpeddled with what YOU wrote in post #161.
    How much clearer does it need to get? To avoid confusion I even asked in #160 what info did Dafan post on here and you replied in #161, "look at the pictures if that is easier for you". I point out Dafan didnt post ANY pics and now this turns around into a question about ethics and what he should had done? Please.

You thought Dafan posted his cards/info on the forum, end of discussion.

19. hank748

Whatever...

Yes, I can be an ass - see, I have a low tolerance for stupidity... I'll try to work on that in the future...
    I never-ever mentioned anything about Defan posting any pics - it was obvious to everyone (except you) that SuburbanRancher posted pics of his own TPM member cards. You clearly have some type of comprehension issue ... best of luck with that..... :up:

Now onto something more relevant - who likes pie? :clap:

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

LOL.......ok if you say so. :up:

I'm just glad "HE" did block out his password, I wouldn't want Chris' account to be compromised. ;) :D