1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NJ Motorsport Park OPENING DAY

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by RubberChicken, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, this is annoying, you might want to stop being annoying - both of you.

BTW - before you start, apologies for being annoying or excuses for why you've been annoying or pretty much anything other than silence from this point forward in this thread is well, annoying.

Be happy I'm in a warning mood today ;)

2. Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call that a complaint at all..Just pointing out a business tactic that was pawned off and tried to be sold to members as a concern for safety. I myself, could care less if people want to film themselves or others during track days as long as it doesn't compromise my safety or the others around me. The point I was trying to make involving the filming wasn't the camera issue. The issue on hand was how an organization could try to pass off to it's members such a lame excuse in order to promote a third parties business. I wouldn't call it a conspiracy, I would just call it business and that's what TPM is all about. Again, I don't ride with them anymore, so what happened 4 months ago I really don't care. I guess the business tactic fell through so they lifted the "ban" on camera use or TPM all of a sudden felt 2008 was the year people stopped riding over there heads when using cameras.

3. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

Actually they have allowed the use of cameras for the past couple of years. So why dont you post some more lies. I heard glen eats puppies

4. GoodKnight

GoodKnight Well-Known Member

Actually incorrect. 2008 is the first yr they allowed. I got yelled at for sneaking one onto my bike last yr. Was told they werent allowed.

5. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

actually this is your fault. if you had stated that your name is "Gerhard" then I wouldn't have posted anything. you said "Chris". I scrolled back to check it. This is no Chris Kurz. Even your membership card said KurzG.

ok carry on. when you don't use your legal name it causes concerns for people who had to deal with legal/liability issues.

still don't agree that riders meeting cuts into riding time but I won't argue about that. if you are unhappy don't spend the money with TPM. others are and they come. I am sorry you are unhappy about certain experiences.

BTW what the name on your Drivers License? we need to have the actual government name on account if you do come again.

6. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

well thats prob because you had a camera that was mounted on your bike

7. GoodKnight

GoodKnight Well-Known Member

Ummm... yes? That's the point, they didnt allow on-bike cameras, but do now.

8. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

So, they opened this great new track over in Millville, NJ.

I posted on the WERA bbs about it, but the thread got jacked all to hell.

If any of you have any energy left to ride after this giant "my stupidity is bigger than your stupidity" match, maybe you'd like to come out and enjoy a day at the track?

I'll look for you there.:)

9. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Yes, because the first card issued as "G. Christopher" was quite the puzzler. I didn't realize you would confuse me with the other 300 Kurz's in the TPM database. If your suspension tuning skills are anywhere near your investigative skills, I wouldn't let you adjust my steering damper.

Did it? OMG - you caught me. Except that I've been known as Chris since I was a young 'un. However it is refreshing to see you're still using your position as a TPM employee to investigate people.

You're quite the ambassador for Team Promotion, putting customers at ease that their membership information is secure in the hands of competent individuals who know the liability incurred when improperly disseminating information.

Really? Because Linda had no problem using "Chris" while I was a member. Besides, based upon your abuses you wouldn't know what a legal/liability issue was if you used a subpeona as a placemat. You may want to have a conversation with your boss about this one - seriously. You're lucky I have a sense of humor. Many people do not.

You can't even maintain a computer database with integrity, Dafan, so why should anyone care whether you agree? If I were your boss, you'd have some real problems right now.

But then again, a decision like that requires honesty on the part of the employer - which means I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Yup. Experiences such a TPM employees conducting unethical investigations with company databases will make people unhappy.

I would be astounded if anyone provides you with any information whatsoever after this demonstration of Team Promotion's Customer Service and confidentiality with customer information.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  10. Silver_Bullet

Maybe you missed it, but a TPM crony in another earlier post stated that camera's were authorized for personal use as of 4 months ago. I rode with TPM a couple of years back so I know a little about what the rules and regulations were back then. I have better things to do than come on the WERA board and post fictitious shi* just to start a fire with people over the internet that I don't even know. Go ahead, make yourself look more pathetic by posting things before you have knowledge on the matter.

11. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

Step back and realize who and what you are presenting!

R6_philly or any other employee/coach for TPM -

Please do yourself and TPM a huge favor and cease any further discussion regarding any individuals name and TPM account status. It really is not professional and does not represent TPM in a favorable light. You are not going to change the public image of TPM by continuing to have such discussion like this. I can only assume that you all are very passionate about TPM and making it a great place for everyone to enjoy track riding. If that is so, I challenge you with this scenario and question.

What if you never rode with TPM before and were thinking about doing a TD with them at NJMP and came upon this thread, read through it and saw the various responses by the TPM employees. What would you think about TPM and employees/coaches? You don’t have to respond. Just think about it and answer it honestly to yourself.

I challenge you with this question only because you as a TPM employee represent TPM. Your actions, reactions, comments, responses… are all a representation of TPM not you as a single individual.

Before you respond in a negative or defensive manner, let me share this. I originally posted some comments/my opinions regarding TPM and their practices in this thread. Those comments/opinions were taken as bashing or whining by some. The responses to mine and others comments/opinions, by various (but not all) TPM employees/past employees (meaning coaches) in this thread have been unprofessional, defensive, attacking, instigating, tasteless, and not resolution oriented.

Those who are employees/coaches with TPM please step back and take a short break and put some things into perspective. Would you respond to a rider at the track the way you have on this forum? Would you use the same words, style, tact or lack of, tone of voice… to a rider at the track? If, you can honestly answer yes, then TPM really has a lot of growth to becoming a “premiere” trackday organization and I personally will have look at taking my business elsewhere as this is not the type of organization I want to ride with or be associated with. This forum should be no different then how you act at the track as a employee/coach. Practice like you play as they say in sports. You all are not practing well.

Feedback is a gift; you can either embrace it and grow or throw it away and continue to ask the same questions.

Allen
    A.K.A The TPM basher and whiner

12. Silver_Bullet

The attitude portrayed in the last few posts by the TPM employees and cronies are the exact reasons why I and a wealth of my friends refuse to associate with Team Promotion. Constructive criticism cannot be accepted by an organization that believes everything they do is correct all the time. The also have the attitude that if a person doesn't agree with their policies or procedures, they can just go elsewhere as stated earlier by Dafan. That attitude may have worked a couple of years back when people wanted to attend track days, but groups offering trackdays were limited, but now people have many choices. TPM also had more dates than the clubs at that time, but now they aren't the only show in town. Employees of a company are a direct reflection of the owner, and if I was upper management, I wouldn't be too happy about the unprofessional conduct that took place in this thread and also in the last few years by the TPM staff and coaches. Team Promotion should take a page out of the books of other clubs around if they want to remain a functioning track day club. They should take a page out of Absolute Cycle's book or Monte's book over at Sportbike Track Time to learn how a club should be run.

13. r6_philly

if I put my name out on a bbs for others to look me up, I wouldn't have a problem with it. also if the name I posted is different than whats on my ID, someone should get a little concerned over it. It actually happens to be a part of my job to make sure people who comes to the track are who they say they are. I don't see how unethical it is. I see a slightly fuzzy photograph a membership card that has been photoshopped (at least to cover the password) I need to make sure the rest of it is valid. so it was, but why does "Chris Kurz" have a membership card with KurzG on it??? I need to know.

I will not respond to anything else on this. I needed to find out something and I did.

if you guys feel like u need to insult me some more personally, feel free to call me at my shop phone 610 801 2029. any comments for TPM can be forwarded to TPM yourself, I am sure you know the email and the numbers. If you want to argue my skills to tune suspension please give me a call or email me, I will work on yours for free and you see if I know enough to adjust your steering damper. But no need to get nasty with me, it has nothing to do with anything.

by the way I am not a coach, nor am I customer service for TPM. if anyone doesn't know. I run the website and registration system. I have always know if I just state what TPM's address is, then I am defending TPM and being unprofessional. I guess I should listen to myself. I don't need this for trying to state some facts and check to see if people are BS'ing.

well you all know who the upper management is, please if you have issues, send it directly to TPM. I assure you they will not read this if you dont send it directly.

14. Suburbanrancher

I wasn't aware we were at a TPM event here.

I also wasn't aware that as an agent of TPM you were pre-authorized by management to scan third-party BBS postings to compare the identity of said posters against customer information on file at Team Promotion.

Very interesting indeed. And quite the scope of authority you wield.

Is there anything else you'd like to add while attempting to justify your actions?

15. Suburbanrancher

Just saving this one for fun, seeing as how you keep editing your response to limit your liability.

16. r6_philly

I posted my phone number. the phone is right next to me. call.

17. Suburbanrancher

Too late. You should have asked me to do so before attempting to drag me through the mud on a public forum.

Like when you first had a "hunch" about my TPM membership.

18. r6_philly

you know what, I should have. I apologize. I haev notes from trackdays I wanted to see what dates have run long from marketing at riders meetings because I remember thos dates and not remembering happening too often. the simplest way for me to look it up is to search by what events you been to. only I couldn't find any.

I do not mean to have this blown up about me. I didn't even read about the NJMP comments. maybe I should have PM'ed u and asked before posting. Didn't think. I am sorry. I didn't look up your personal info, just to see wat events you attended.

its such a shame because this is not how I am with customers, I am very helpful as many of you know. Please call me if you have other concerns, I feel you would feel differently about me if you give me a call. I promise.

19. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

This thread is why I stopped doing track days. You guy's bitch and moan worse than ANY women I have ever met. wah wah wah. you little bitches

20. Suburbanrancher

I received your PM - appreciate it.

The topic's spent - we're cool.