1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicky Hayden Injured

Discussion in 'General' started by ScottyRock155, May 17, 2017.

1. condon66

condon66 Member well known

My brothers and I got to meet all the Haydens and had a good conversation with Nicky at Mid-O several years ago. Rose and Earl were selling t-shirts out of a booth one time we were there and chatted with the two of them. Everyone in that family makes you feel like you've been a friend of theirs for years within seconds of talking to them. Each one looks you right in the eye and listens to you and talks to you like they have all day to talk. Rose even had to pick up the slack for Earl at the booth while he stood and talked to us. Just a really great family in every way. This may change a lot of things in his future but for now all I hope for is that he becomes stable so the rest of the family doesn't have to worry at least about that.

Wingnut and panthercity like this.
  2. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Video of the scene being worked if you care to make your stomach twist.

Thoughts and prayers for #69

bj likes this.
  3. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

So bummed. These things aren't supposed to happen to good people :(

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Exactly. I've met each of the Haydens plus mom and dad at the races, but only briefly as a fan. In no way can I say that Nicky is an acquaintance, or even that I know him, but my stomach tied in a knot when I read this thread.

We live vicariously through all of these guys, so it hits harder than it should. Plus he's just a good guy.

Gino230, stk0308, Kolbe and 9 others like this.
  5. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

This has been killing me all day.
    Sending every bit of good mojo Nicky's way.

6. caferace

caferace No.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This really sucks.....makes that "Peugeot drivers" segment on Top Gear seem all the more apropos. :mad:

8. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Prayers, while we hope for the best.
    A thinking mans racer.
    A gentle man, and a gentleman at the top level of sport.

panthercity likes this.
  9. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

Dammmmmm! Wishing only the best to entire Hayden family...

10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Nicky is the classiest rider to ever race. Heal up Kentucky Kid, we are sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

BigBird and eggfooyoung like this.
  11. German news reported this morning that Nicky's condition did not improve during the night. Contrary to at least one post in this thread, he has not yet had any surgery, as his condition is not stable enough.

In case anyone wondered, my Italian-speaking friend here tells me that in Italy, "serious condition" is the same as "critical condition" in the US.

Let's hope the situation improves today.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Razr likes this.
  12. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

It's crazy that he has been racing at the highest levels for so long and avoided serious injuries such as this.....people who argue that the track isn't a safer place to ride what say you now?? I realize he was on a bicycle but it just goes to show how the variables on the street are completely out of our control and it's very scary......

God Bless Nicky and the Hayden family thoughts and prayers for a speedy full recovery.

13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Brain trauma is not a quick heal. It would not be uncommon for him to spend quite some time in a coma. I went through a very similar injury with a family member. All the best to the family, it is a very trying time to say the least and they will need lots of shoulders to cry upon. One thing I learned through our experience was that sometimes shit just happens. There is no controlling it and we are just left to deal with the consequences afterwards.

14. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

Prayers sent. we did a lot of work for all 3 brothers when they were up and coming. I think there first suits were from Lou's Leathers when they were kids flat tracking and Earla nd Rose would always visit us when Darethea and I were working at the track. Hoping for a good outcome. bill and darethea

15. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Gavin Emmett just tweeted that nothing official will come from the hospital until they have spoken in person to a family member, supposedly that's Italian law

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Nicky's a class act all the way. I remember watching him and Tommy play leapfrog around Nelson's on their 125's. People were saying then that they would be the next greatest American racers and people would look at them funny because they were so young. Prayers sent for a swift recovery.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Awesome video, thanks....
    Still can't believe this. Quick recovery Nicky.

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

May be a good thing, looks kinda like a video camera hanging from the ceiling/windshield.