1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick McFadden to ride M4 medAge Suzuki in MotoAmerica

Discussion in 'General' started by Cam Morehead, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ohio River water, so all of my pee when I was growing up upriver from there :crackup:

2. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

The common "denominator" in Owensboro is Earl......

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Ha... You got that right.... Same Team different kid..... [​IMG]

4. Cam Morehead

If you haven't watched the video on RRW with Earl, you need to..... And all parents need to at minimum ask themselves "What would Earl do?"

r6boater likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing, regarding Earl. We were there racing this weekend and that's when we first met Earl, and Tryce Welch, along with Jake Lewis, Garrett Gerloff, Nick McFadden, Stefano Mesa, Xavier Zygat, Ben Young, etc.

Shenanigans likes this.
  6. Cam Morehead

I like everyone in this list......

7. Boman Forklift

Yea looking back, it was a pretty talented field. That didn't include the guys we already knew like Peter Lenz, Joe Roberts, Andre Ochs, Ben Truslow, Kaleb De Keyrel, Lex Hartl, Ryan Matter, etc.

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yep... It was a shame that Peter Lenz passed.... What a downer on a great weekend.... Jake would have won that race... Unfortunately TDubb forgot to tighten the chain tensioner... He shared this news with us camping in Lot 2 Sunday night.... I told him he owes me the shirt off his back for f%$#n up!! I still have the Veloce shirt hanging in my closet... This was also the same weekend Jake closed the Van door on TDubbs feet that Sat AM when he woke up and got out of the van... Oh the memories...

9. Boman Forklift

Too bad I didn't get to meet you then, and yes it was very sad with Peter.

I also remember leading up to the event. Basically everything on a Moriwaki is spec. There was talk of spec'ing the fuel, on USGPRU forum, leading up to the event. I was all for it as were many of the other dads. Garrett's dad, was definitely against it. He said he spent a bunch of money and time figuring out what was the best, and didn't want to lose that advantage, and I totally understand that, that is part of racing. Stewart Aiken, head of USGPRU, decided not to spec the fuel.

I heard, but didn't see it on the dyno, others did, they were making over 36HP, we made 29.9. I had a fresh motor with a brand new head. I did speak with Jim Matter and they started at 29 or 30HP, but between some tuning, buying good fuel, and running some 0W oil, he was in the upper 35's for the races.

Unfortunately, we were new enough in racing, Tyler just got the Moriwaki a couple months before, I had no clue about that stuff. I don't think I had even heard of MR12 yet. Even with 36HP, Tyler wouldn't have won, but I believe he would have been closer to the front.

418 and TLR67 like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He would have but that's all part of the fun of learning how to go racing.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

GP,Indy maybe 2010...

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Oh I forgot about that.... TDubb and a couple others searching in Downtown Indy for MR12... They didn't have any....Finally after a few hours they found some at a local Drag shop Late Friday PM......

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes it was 2010 if I am not mistaken....

14. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Yep, 2010. Draik got to.meet quite a few really cool people that weekend, including Jake.

Screenshot_20161221-133629.jpg

JustaNobody and Boman Forklift like this.
  15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Great Pic...... He grew a couple feet since then huh Kurt?

16. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Yeah, both of them have.

17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

The last time I talked to Earl several years ago he was talking about Jake needs to stop growing. "The kid is getting too tall to fit on the motorcycles" LOL

I look forward to watching Nick this year in Moto America. I hope the kid does well.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  18. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

VERY fond memories of them all coming thru the gp tech pitbox that year. Jason disalvo was gracious as they all gathered about. The little buggers cleaned us out of all our water (after they were offered of course)Still remember them everyday on hot pit revving to go out (our stall was almost last one before pit out). Breaks my heart remembering their eyes before the tragedy...some scared, some excited, too many emotions to describe before the flag in everyone of the racers minds. Uplifting to see the ones still around with smiles and laps behind them. Great to see the progression today.