1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice SV650 Superbike - SoCal - $4250

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by CafeRacer, Sep 17, 2016.

1. CafeRacer

CafeRacer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Build details:
    Second generation SV650 built by Andy Palmer in 2011
    ZX6 swingarm and rear wheel
    Custom Penske fully-adjustible shock
    GSXR 600/750 front end with Ohlins internals
    Ohlins steering dampner
    custom exhaust with M4 pipe
    Stock motor with first genaration cams and a map (this combo makes about 80hp and runs forever on pump gas)
    Custom rear alloy subframe.
    CFM rearsets
    keyless ignition
    Brembo radial master cylinder
    MotionPro quick throttle
    Braided brake lines
    Fully safety wired
    Lightened stator and shortened wiring harness
    Michron dash
    Woodcraft clip ons
    Custom battery box with LiOn battery.
    Paint by MC Pro Designs
    Will come with front and rear Pitbull stands (not interested in selling these separately, thanks)

Never down since it was built as a race bike (we started with a crashed-but straight - street bike)
    Bill of sale only. Andy swears he has a title for this bike... someplace. If a title is important, I'll help get one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think its time for me to admit that I should sell this bike. In 2010, I moved to New York and sold the SV that Andy had built for me to race in WSMC. In New York, I bought a GSXR600 on which to do track days but I never got along with it. Mostly, I didn't like getting to corners 20mph faster than before. I sold it and asked Andy to build me another SV. I told him to build something simple. Andy's not good at listening... Or maybe he's good at understanding what people really want.

Either way, we ended up with a bike that represented everything Andy knew about SVs at the time (he's moved on to building really pretty FZ07s and supporting Moto America teams now).

First time I rode it, I took a trophy home. Then it sat. And sat.

I moved back to LA but got distracted by riding my motocross bike and getting into flat track a little. I also met a girl, got married, started playing ice hockey again, etc.

A year ago, a buddy wanted to do his first track day. I dusted off the SV, put new tires on it and went and did 1:39s all day long around big willow.

That was a year ago.

All told, I think Ive ridden this four times since Andy built it. That's embarrassing.

This probably cost close to $10k to build but I'm realistic about the SV market these days. $4250 seems like a reasonable place to be, no?

If you're STILL reading and want to know more you can read about building the bike here: http://becausegolfsucks.tumblr.com/post/26090008671/dont-call-it-a-comeback

Let me know if you have any questions.

- Ben

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    Scott S. and Gantt like this.
  2. CafeRacer

I should note that I know the bike is missing the nut on top of the triples. I have one on order.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sweet bike. glws

4. ktkwong

ktkwong newbie of WERA

Is it just me, or is that radiator bent to hell?

5. CafeRacer

It's bent yes. Works fine though.

6. CafeRacer

7. jpratt847

jpratt847 Well-Known Member

I likes!!! A lot!! Bump for a nice built SV

8. Chaplain45

Chaplain45 Well-Known Member

What's the bike location? I'm in Laguna Niguel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

9. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

10. CafeRacer

Hey Chaplain - Bike is in Culver City.

11. Chaplain45

This coming Saturday I have to go up there for rally cross race. I'll try to get away and check it out!

12. CafeRacer

Couple of nibbles but no one has actually shown up yet.

13. derblott

derblott Well-Known Member

Still for sale?

14. quils18

quils18 Chris Quillman

Café racer, can you please email me, I have a few questions but am really interested in bike, thanks [email protected]

15. CafeRacer

Hey all.

I've been really torn about selling this bike so I haven't tried that hard.

Also, I had one dude show up and lecture me about how he could only ride Ohlins suspension so he'd need to rebuild it completely - to race novice.

I had another dude complain that I didn't have dyno sheets showing at least 90hp (because he'd only buy an SV making 90hp).

I had another dude offer me $3k, then get mad when I told him I'd rather just keep the bike.

Sigh.

I suppose I'd sell it to someone who's cool and understands what this bike is - a well-sorted SV built by a known guy - but I just got tired of the bullshit.

Do I sound like a curmudgeon? Sorry.

418 and Focker like this.
  16. Eshber

Eshber Well-Known Member

CafeRacer, don't despair. I like the bike, and $4250 is a good deal. Most people aren't very smart.

17. Will9465

Will9465 Well-Known Member

This is a great SV. Has evyerthing you could want. GLWS

18. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

No youre not a curmudgeon. People will tire kick your kit and talk sh-t about it nevermind you probably beat them in a race.

Bike is reasonably priced. Im not a light weight guy and i appreciate good stuff.

Seems as tho a new whiny racer group has emerged, they want to have their fun and be competative but dont want to pay.

Nice bike, Cafe. Hope you sell it soon.

Will9465 likes this.
  19. Chaplain45

Stand your ground, be firm and don't sell..... until I can step upto the plate. :)

Btw: RJ had nothing but good things to say about you and your character.

mostfrantic likes this.
  20. Spencer Gunderson

Spencer Gunderson New Member

Hello, I am interested. Looks like a very nice build. Can you please text or call me at 713-515-2 zero 42?

Thanks,
    Spencer