1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nic Swensgard Racing Fundraiser

Discussion in 'General' started by bikerlifemate, Dec 5, 2018.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Do you have pricing for different levels of sponsorship? If so, either post it here or PM me, please.

bikerlifemate likes this.
  2. bikerlifemate

bikerlifemate Active Member

Pmed :)

3. bikerlifemate

Haha. Thanks for letting me post here.

4. HoyaXC07

HoyaXC07 Well-Known Member

Nic's a good kid. I got to watch him race out at Arroyo, he's quick.

Best of luck next year!

5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Ok, not to tell Nic how to do things, but maybe this is the time to try an experiment. We all know that Josh Herrin appears to be the current King of Social Media and it has paid off for him. Perhaps Nic could experiment with increasing his social media presence and thereby increasing his funding through a variety of sources and make himself attractive to more big money corporate sponsors. Remember for that kind of money they are going to be looking for a return on their investment which will justify the money spent as advertising. He is clearly a good kid which is appealing, he has some experience which is appealing and he has the potential to put together a good program at the MA level for next year. I have not followed his career very much, so far but it might be time for the Beeb to put some effort and thought into this, if he wants. We are definitely a bunch of goofballs and ne'r-do-wells here, but we always have the answers. I don't know too much about social media, but I do know a little about professionalism and grammar.

6. bikerlifemate

Thanks for the ideas and support! I actually have a solid program put togethor for advertising sponsorship for 2019. We are looking at options for a full season in BSB Junior Supersport Championship and im confident we can make it work. Ive been trying to build up my social media for a while (Instagram, Facebook and, Twitter). Its very hard but im continueing to work hard at it. Thanks :)

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I really don't know anything about social media. I have Facetoobs that I check every couple of months. I only got it to see if any of my prospective employees have posted anything really stupid on theirs, before I interview them. But if we all used our social media things like IG and Teetering and stuff the link and like to Nic's stuff, would it help him? Would it help get more people to get exposed to racing? If it would help racers, I would figure out some of this other stuff, too.

8. bikerlifemate

I actually run my own social media. My instgram is @Nicswensgard58 and my Facebook is Nic Swensgard Racing. It certainly helps getting support and sponsors to have a large following for companies to get advertisment.

9. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Me too

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

He is definitely a much nicer person than you are...
    :D

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I will give him credit for swooping in fast enough to head off the goobers.

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Some additional suggestions for you related to the impact your social media can have. It involves some basic segmentation of your followers.

1) Quantify your following. (How many overall)
    a) By media platform (Instagram vs Facebook)
    b) By gender (men, women)
    c) Age ranges (10-15, 16-20, 21-25,26-30, etc) <-- This one may be difficult to extract

Why do this?
    This tells anyone that is contemplating advertising / sponsoring you what demographic they will be in front of.
    Depending on the size of the company, they may have advertising monies set aside for "Social Media Advertising" as a general category
    or if you get into some companies they may have specific allocations for certain social media platforms.

Let's imagine you approached a Sports Drink company for advertising/sponsorship.
    If you are able to go to them and say:
    I have 14,000 followers combined on Instagram and Facebook.
    64% of them are male, 36% of them are female
    The bulk of my male followers are in the 16-25 age group.
    Based on my followers, I think Nic Swengard racing could be a good way for you to reach that audience for your RedMongoose energy drink.

That shows that you can deliver something to them for their advertising money.

Good luck & ride well!