1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newtronic ignition RD

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by GrantMLS, Apr 21, 2002.

1. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

I have one cylinder that is not firing. Both coils are charged with 12.5 volts to each other. when i turn the motor over and the one that works fires, it drops to 4 volts then back to 12.5. the cylinder that dose not fire stays at 12.5 all the time. On the 4 small wires coming from the lamp housing I have Red - 7.5v Yellow - 5v Blue - 0 v Black 7.5v . on the next rev I have Red - 7.5v, yellow - 5v, blue 7.5v, black 0v.

Dose it look like its cutting on and off or dose it seem like the box is not working properly? I can't find any good info on this thing.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2002
  2. Yamaha179

Yamaha179 Well-Known Member

Sorry that I can't help you with Newtronics other than to say that in my limited experience (helping another racer) they either work or they don't. I suggest you change to a different system, Moto-Plat or PVL are good. Pro-Flow has one also that I hear is good. I have new ane used Moto-Plats and new PVL for sale and will be at Talladega this weekend.
    Lyn Garland

3. reknelb

reknelb U must have Klingon blood

I heard the directions on some were backwards. In other words, it tries to fire at bdc instead of tdc.