1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Yamaha Sportbike Announcement 5/18

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP69, May 12, 2021.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

TZ 1100 two stroke triple .... :D

Damn it .. always check dates before posting

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Yamaha provides this from the factory

3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

the track review video I watched said it only comes with quick shift, no traction control. And that the quick shift doesn’t work in GP

4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Kids these days.....

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

God provides traction control if you're a believer - your right wrist....

Spang308, sill'r B sill'd and noles19 like this.
  6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Is that an “all you need is your wrist” kind of comment?

I like getting squirly, in fact I’m quite good at it. I also like traction control. Old man.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  7. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

Same as FZ/Mt 07 or SV650: Lightweight Twins SS and SB, F2, etc... Not sure why you'd need or want traction control; most MA Twins are less than 100rwhp.

mike574 and gixxerboy55 like this.
  8. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Im use to high revving sport bikes, never ridden a twin. Ever. Don’t want to be coming out of a corner in the mid range, grab a fist full and fuck up my day. I’m a heavy leaner. That being said not sure I’ll even buy this bike. But I need something since I got taken out a few months back. I keep changing which bike I want next. My heart keeps telling me Ducati. But my brain keeps going Yamaha.I really like this bike. It’s perfect for my needs as a dual street/track bike to whip around the streets of willow

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So don't grab a fistful.

noles19 and baconologist like this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think he is learning not to be an "if it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing" kinda guys, but it's a work in progress.

11. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

Power with an 07/R7 is very linear, with no sudden bumps in power. Easy peasy to ride. I say that to distinguish it from my '95 TZ 250; if you weren't nearly upright when the pipe kicked in, you were headed for the moon.

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

It only makes 67hp stock. You can expect 90-92 hp with a MA spec engine. I'm sure Bazzaz will have TC for it when they release a fuel module for it.

The RS660s in MA have the TC shut off. Don't need it..

13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

The FZ/MT/R7 motor is tractor like. You can pretty much pick a variety of gears in a corner and the bike does not care. In SS build spec you can get around 70 to 75 rwhp using pump gas.